Brought to you in part by:
Thirteen Years!

Nineteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

more details on 2011 Stangs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more details on 2011 Stangs

read this..............

http://www.egmcartech.com/2009/12/18...rd-mustang-gt/
    34 FORD coupe...Cleveland POWERED https://mustangsandmore.vbulletin.ne...ilies/cool.png

it`s nice to be important but it is more important to be nice.

Keith

That new 5.0L sounds tasty, I hope they fix the looks of that rear end.
    '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '18 Edge SEL AWD

My Mach's restoration progress
    My Sprint's restoration progress
    ”Mercy for the guilty is cruelty to the innocent.” ~ Adam Smith

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLaRiviere View Post
      That new 5.0L sounds tasty, I hope they fix the looks of that rear end.
      419 horsepower Steve will make me turn just slightly for that rear end. LOL
      Brian

BCP Custom on Facebook

Comment

I wouldn't have one towed off the driveway I guess.
        William

Semper Fidelis

Comment

Yes! The 5.0 will be back! Now, will Ford bring back the Boss??? That would be something to see and drive.unk:
          Dave & Terri
          M&M#166 MCA#47921
          '65 Mustang Fastback~Ivy
          '66 Mustang Coupe~Envy
          '65 Mustang Coupe, 302, 3 speed~Tinker
          '11 Edge~Kona Blue, V-6, 6 speed
          "What do you mean pay attention! I can't afford to pay attention."

Comment

WOW!

That makes me happy.

Too bad I can't afford one. Even if I hadn't bought the new(er) car, I couldn't afford what they want for a new Mustang GT.

Maybe when the kids finally leave the house.

:banana:
            Richard
            aka rmousir
            1966 coupe

My Toy - New web site, check it out

lots of stuff done with lots more to do!

Comment

GOOD NEWS !!

The Coyote 5.0 is a 'GO' for 2011 !! More horsepower, better economy and 20% lighter (alum heads and block) than the previous 5.0.

http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-foru...yote-go-3.html

http://www.fordracing.com/news/detail/?article=37254
              Last edited by 70MachT-5; 12-29-2009, 08:05 AM.
              Mark C ~
              M&M member #332
              1965 coupe - owned since '79
              1970 Mach 1 T-5 (export Mustang) - owned since '86
              http://mustangsandmore.com/memberpages/70MachT5.html
              "My '65 coupe is going back together"
              /___ ___ ___ \
              (]]]_ _ O _ __[[[)
              \_ o _ __ _ o _/
              |___| ...... |___|

Comment

Here's something I got in an email from Hemmings:

Muscle Cars

5.0 Mustang GT and Boss are back for 2011

Ford's 2011 Mustang GT should really howl, powered by the latest incarnation of Ford's modular engine line -- a 412hp/390-lbs.ft. DOHC, four-valve, all-aluminum V-8 dubbed "Coyote" that will displace 5-liters/302 cu.in.

Ford also announced this week that it would install the new cammer engine in a full-race factory package called the BOSS 302R which, for a sticker price of $79,000, will boast the new 5-liter powerplant, a six-speed manual transmission, a roll cage, race seats, data acquisition capability, race shocks and springs and a Brembo brake package. The BOSS 302R will be strictly non-streetable, but with Chevrolet hinting at a production Z/28, how long will it be before Dearborn drops the R and adds a street-ready version of the BOSS to its stable? (Soon we hope!)

The production 5-liter has an all-new aluminum block with optimized windage and oil drainback, increased main bearing bulkhead widths and nodular iron cross-bolted main bearing caps. The 5.0 uses a larger bore and stroke than the 4.6 and an 11:1 compression ratio to deliver its estimated 82.4hp per liter wallop. The engine will also use cam-torque-actuated Twin Independent Variable Camshaft Timing to advance or retard the cam timing, based on several factors including throttle opening. Ford claims that using camshaft torque energy provides faster throttle response and aids fuel economy. As a result, the 412hp bruiser is going to achieve an estimated 17 city/25 highway MPG with a six-speed automatic and 16/24 with a six-speed manual.

The new 5-liter engine weighs just 430 pounds, which makes it 20 percent lighter than the old pushrod 302. But then, it also uses an aluminum block and heads, a lightweight composite intake manifold, composite cam covers and hollow camshafts.

The 2011 Mustang GT will also boast all-around improvements like enhanced rear lower control arms to add stiffness and sharpen handling; a stiffened rear stabilizer bar for better on-center steering; larger stabilizer bars front and rear, as well as revised spring rates and tuned-up shocks.

Ford says a 14-inch Brembo brake package upgrade will be available for serious enthusiasts. The big binders will necessitate unique 19-inch alloy wheels and will be shod with summer performance tires.

The 2011 Mustang GT convertible has also been beefed up, with lateral stiffness improved by 12 percent versus the 2010 model, according to Ford. A tower-to-tower front strut brace is now standard, and the car's V-brace has been stiffened by adding gussets. The secondary crossmember also has been stiffened, while a front Z-brace has been added, connecting primary and secondary crossmembers. A-pillar stiffening foam also has been added to increase rigidity.

Ford has made preliminary information available to the media, but we'd expect a larger public rollout after the Detroit Auto Show. Stay tuned.
                - By Mike McNessor

Comment

The 5.0 uses a larger bore and stroke than the 4.6 and an 11:1 compression ratio to deliver its estimated 82.4hp per liter wallop.

Will today's 92 Octane crappy gas be OK for that 11:1 C/R ??
                  Eddie "D"
                  '70 Sports Roof, 351 W, 13.1 @ 107: Maple Grove.
                  "The deadliest weapon in the world is a U.S. Marine and his rifle." Quote by General John J. Pershing U.S. Army.
                  M&M Member #339.

Comment

Today's fuel injection and ignition and valve timing control is almost magical. It's amazing how precise they can make these new engines run.

Comment

Originally posted by 70 Pony View Post
                      The 5.0 uses a larger bore and stroke than the 4.6 and an 11:1 compression ratio to deliver its estimated 82.4hp per liter wallop.

Will today's 92 Octane crappy gas be OK for that 11:1 C/R ??
                      yea but todays engine control systems are far superior. If fuel isnt up to par the system will control other factors to avoid damage.
                      Brian

BCP Custom on Facebook

Comment

any word yet on time of delivery? or price? 300 hp is all I need for a DD and Im WAY more tempted to buy the V6 now then before. but not if its going to be 5 grand over the original v6 price.
                        Brian

BCP Custom on Facebook

Comment

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/12/28/2011-ford-mustang-gt-offcially-rolls-with-a-5-0-v8/?icid=main|htmlws-main-n|dl6|link4|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.autoblog.com%2F2009%2 F12%2F28%2F2011-ford-mustang-gt-offcially-rolls-with-a-5-0-v8%2F
                          sigpic

Alex Denysenko
                          Co-Administrator

NHRA/IHRA/NMCA member and licensed Superstock driver
                          NHRA and IHRA SS/LA & SS/MA National Record Holder 99','00,'01,'02,'03,'04,'05 & '06
                          First NHRA & IHRA 289 automatic Superstock Mustang in the TENS 06-99
                          First SS/MA in the TENS 04-03
                          5 time IHRA division 5 Superstock Champion
                          Fleet of FoMoCo products including 88 ASC McLaren Mustang #28

The Barry of BarrysGrrl

Quote #1: "I never met a magazine mechanic I liked."
                          Quote #2: "Make sure brain is in gear before engaging mouth!"
                          Quote #3: "If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch!"
                          Quote #4: "Go fast or go home!"
                          Quote#5:" No Brag,Just Fact!"
                          www.moneymakerracing.com

Comment

This link might work better:

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/12/28/2...with-a-5-0-v8/
                            Eddie "D"
                            '70 Sports Roof, 351 W, 13.1 @ 107: Maple Grove.
                            "The deadliest weapon in the world is a U.S. Marine and his rifle." Quote by General John J. Pershing U.S. Army.
                            M&M Member #339.

Comment

Howdy, all!

I'm wondering if any of you guys have info on the GT's 6 speed automatic. I was at a dealership today and the sales rep insisted it would have the "manual shift" option where (like on the Taurus SHO) you can slip the shifter down to "M" and use paddle shifters on the steering wheel to shift.

I've also seen various articles that state that the Brembo brake package will have its own uniquie 19" wheels - the dealer was not sure about that.

AND finally, the dealer was sure that with the auto, you could get a choice of differential gearing: the stock ratio is something like 3.32:1. I was hoping to get 3.55:1 gears with the automatic.

Anyone hear anything? YES I'M GETTING AN AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION. I also wear hearing aids and my eyes ain't so great.

I figure the Depends will keep the skidmarks off of the leather .....

Comment

Working...
                              X