Brought to you in part by:
Thirteen Years!

Nineteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's official 300 horsepower, 30 mpg official EPA ratings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's official 300 horsepower, 30 mpg official EPA ratings

It's official 300 horsepower, 30 mpg

The 2011 Ford Mustang today breaks new ground, cracking the record books as not only the most fuel-efficient Mustang ever, but also the first production car in history to produce more than 300 horsepower and more than 30 mpg highway.

The Mustang’s official EPA ratings – completed this week – certify that models equipped with the 305-hp 3.7-liter V-6 and available six-speed automatic transmission achieve 31 mpg on the highway and 19 mpg in the city. The standard six-speed manual transmission is rated at 30 mpg on the highway and 19 mpg in the city.

http://paddocktalk.com/news/html/mod...cle&sid=129657

Mustang Club of Tidewater

The 1968 Mustangs

"My great fear is that we've in fact been visited by intelligent aliens, but they chose not to make contact, on the conclusion that there's no sign of intelligent life on Earth"

Awesome...now if they will make them affordable to the masses like the original in 1965, we will see many more on the road.
    Formerly known as "ccode67" The Stang is gone, now the name is gone too.

Comment

I agree Shooter, and that 19 isn't really impressive either, we can do better...

Mustang Club of Tidewater

The 1968 Mustangs

"My great fear is that we've in fact been visited by intelligent aliens, but they chose not to make contact, on the conclusion that there's no sign of intelligent life on Earth"

Comment

Very impressive. A 6 cylinder putting out more than 300 hp and a six speed automatic tranny! The highway milage is great, but they do need to improve on the city mpg. To much stop and go traffic??? Waiting to see how the new 5.0 does with the six speed.unk:
        Dave & Terri
        M&M#166 MCA#47921
        '65 Mustang Fastback~Ivy
        '66 Mustang Coupe~Envy
        '65 Mustang Coupe, 302, 3 speed~Tinker
        '11 Edge~Kona Blue, V-6, 6 speed
        "What do you mean pay attention! I can't afford to pay attention."

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Gibson View Post
          To much stop and go traffic???
          Too much weight to accelerate with all the power crap and A/C and video screens and everything else they tack on them, I'd bet. Can you imagine if the car only weighed around 3,000 pounds?
          '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '18 Edge SEL AWD

My Mach's restoration progress
          My Sprint's restoration progress
          ”Mercy for the guilty is cruelty to the innocent.” ~ Adam Smith

Comment

Steve,
            I bet the M&M crew could lighten that thing up pretty quickly. I wonder if Ford offers a radio/stereo delete option??? I'm sure there are plenty of other luxury items we could remove/replace. Would be a fun project!unk:
            Dave & Terri
            M&M#166 MCA#47921
            '65 Mustang Fastback~Ivy
            '66 Mustang Coupe~Envy
            '65 Mustang Coupe, 302, 3 speed~Tinker
            '11 Edge~Kona Blue, V-6, 6 speed
            "What do you mean pay attention! I can't afford to pay attention."

Comment

Too bad we can't just option them out like we used to be able.
              '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '18 Edge SEL AWD

My Mach's restoration progress
              My Sprint's restoration progress
              ”Mercy for the guilty is cruelty to the innocent.” ~ Adam Smith

Comment

Working...
              X