Brought to you in part by:
Thirteen Years!

Nineteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Painting louvers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painting louvers

I just ordered a pair of Cervini louvers for my 2006GT.
    I'll have to get them painted, since I can't do it myself. I live in southeast Florida, in Boca Raton (where everything is expensive).
    Anyone care to estimate what a reasonable price would be for painting them, either at an auto body shop, or perhaps a dent and scratch place?
    I got a price of $60-$100(max) at a local auto body shop where I had some work done on my wife's car. They did a VERY good job. I would go there if this seems like the going rate for the job. I even think I can get him to install them at no extra charge.
    Thanks in advance.
    Jay
    jay67fast

That sounds like a fair price to me. They still have to prep them just like they would anything else they have to paint, so $100 is probably a bargain!
    ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
    -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
    -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
    " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

That's a fine price especially if you were pleased with the outcome of their work the last time.
      Luke
      For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
      62 Fairlane Sedan
      65 "C" Coupe 351W/C4
      98 Cobra Coupe

Comment

painting louvers

I finally got the Cervini Louvers painted and installed on my 06GT. One of the local shops, that has done work for me previously, painted and installed them. His final, out the door price was $80.00!!!!

They look great, the paint job is awesome. I couldn't be more pleased. It sure is nice to do business with people that aren't looking to rake you over the coals. I brought them the louvers last week, and the car yesterday, and picked it up this morning.

I am one happy camper!!!

Kudos to Cervini for producing a nice product (they needed some sanding before painting, nothing unexpected), and triple kudos to Classic Auto Collision on N.E 6th ave. in Delray Beach, Fl. for a perfect paint job and a neat install!!
        jay67fast

Comment

That was a killer price. I'd bring the guy a six pack of his favorite brew if it was me.

Cervini does make nice products. I have their scooped hood on my truck and I remember the body man told me it was the nicest piece of fiberglass he ever worked on.
          '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '18 Edge SEL AWD

My Mach's restoration progress
          My Sprint's restoration progress
          ”Mercy for the guilty is cruelty to the innocent.” ~ Adam Smith

Comment

Hey, Steve!!

Steve, I haven't spoken to you in well over two years!
            I had a 67 FB that was one of your monthly winners a few years ago.
            Unfortunately, moving to a condo on the ocean (with no garage) and my age, at the time(70) forced me to sell the car two years ago. I tried a Mazda Miata for a while, But it just wasn't me!!!! I just need the sound and performance of a V8!
            So, last year I sold the Miata and bought the 06GT. It's a pretty good car, can't complain about anything except the throttle response. But truth be told, I'd swap it in a heartbeat for my old 67FB!!!! The 06GT is a way faster, more comfortable and better handling car than the 67, But it just ain't a 67 Fastback!!!!
            It's good to be back in a Mustang!!!
            Jay
            jay67fast

Comment

Working...
            X