Brought to you in part by:
Thirteen Years!

Nineteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wet floorboards

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wet floorboards

Anybody have this happen?
    After my '06 sat for a while, I got into it and immediately noticed a moldy smell. Checking around, I noticed the passenger side floorboard was soaked.
    After some head-scratching, I figured out that the cowl had standing water, some of which made its way in through the cabin air filter.
    No big deal to fix, really... pop the hood, reach under the cowl and pull these out...

Rubber drain grommets, designed to let water out while keeping anything else from getting in. Nicely clogged with debris... guess that's what I get for parking it under that tree.

All clear, the drain thingies go back in the way they came out. (after a cleaning, of course.)
    Hope this saves someone a wet floor... now, I'm off to get a new cabin air filter.
    Erwin
    '06 V-6 w/pony package: daily driver
    '73 H-code 'vert: under re-restoration (thanks alot, katrina)
    1990 Jeep XJ: Exxon Valdez

Glad it was a easy fix for you. My Mom bought a brand new 500 a few years back, that car leaked from the day she bought it until she got rid of it! They tried to fix it several times at the dealership, even took the dash completely out a time or two. They never could pinpoint it to one location. After a couple of years of wet floors, she traded it in on a new Escape.
    ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
    -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
    -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
    " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

Hopefully that was all that it was... I've heard windshield leaks can be a problem with these, but I see no evidence of that.
      Erwin
      '06 V-6 w/pony package: daily driver
      '73 H-code 'vert: under re-restoration (thanks alot, katrina)
      1990 Jeep XJ: Exxon Valdez

Comment

Seen that quite a bit, especially from the folks that park regularly under pine, maple, and oak trees.
        M&M Member #91
        Ford Dealership Engine/Chassis Master Certified Technician
        US Navy submarine vet; Operation Iraqi Freedom vet..x 2...USAF Reserve...RETIRED, 26 total years

Current 2003 Azure Blue Mach 1. All My Past Mustangs:'84 GT-5 spd, my first; '91 GT-auto; '70 M-code Mach 1-grabber yellow; '95 GTS-5 spd, Pro-Charged, totaled; '95 GTS 5 spd, replacement; '89 LX 5.0 'vert-5 spd; '90 LX 5.0 hatch-5 spd; '69 M-code Mach 1-4 spd; '90 5.0 LX 'vert; '03 Mach 1-5 spd, '93 Mustang LX vert.

Comment

Originally posted by submariner mustanger View Post
          Seen that quite a bit, especially from the folks that park regularly under pine, maple, and oak trees.
          Sub,
          Whoa...hold the phone.....Where exactly are those plugs - or should I ask what vehicles have them, are they installed in my wife's 2010 Fusion SE or in my 2006 Ranger XLT?

Ryan
          Quality means doing it right when no one is looking. - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Wilke View Post

Sub,
            Whoa...hold the phone.....Where exactly are those plugs - or should I ask what vehicles have them, are they installed in my wife's 2010 Fusion SE or in my 2006 Ranger XLT?

Ryan
            I was just talking about late model Mustangs. I've seen a handful over the past few years with wet passenger floorboard. Those rubber grommet drain things get plugged up not allowing water to drain thru them. The water (rain/car wash) gets deep enough in the cowl it spills over into the fresh air intake and down into the heater case onto the cabin filter then eventually onto the floorboard.

Some allow the leaks (or just don't notice) to get so bad thr blower motor has to be replaced also because the customer didnt know what that odd sound of water splashing inside the blower motor case was. I call that sound the sound of money. ;-)
            M&M Member #91
            Ford Dealership Engine/Chassis Master Certified Technician
            US Navy submarine vet; Operation Iraqi Freedom vet..x 2...USAF Reserve...RETIRED, 26 total years

Current 2003 Azure Blue Mach 1. All My Past Mustangs:'84 GT-5 spd, my first; '91 GT-auto; '70 M-code Mach 1-grabber yellow; '95 GTS-5 spd, Pro-Charged, totaled; '95 GTS 5 spd, replacement; '89 LX 5.0 'vert-5 spd; '90 LX 5.0 hatch-5 spd; '69 M-code Mach 1-4 spd; '90 5.0 LX 'vert; '03 Mach 1-5 spd, '93 Mustang LX vert.

Comment

Working...
            X