Brought to you by:

Twenty Years!
The best source of parts, bar none!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shaking front end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaking front end

Son's 2010 is exhibiting some shaking that feels a lot like warped rotors. Only problem is that the rotors are pretty new (10k). Also, it's intermittent. Seems to maybe be related to how much pressure is being put on the pedal. Maybe we got crappy rotors? Any other things I should be looking at?
    It isn't an official project until you've bled on it!

M&M Member #33
    '66 Coupe C code
    '01 Saleen S281SC #648

Rotors do sound likely. Make sure that the bearings don’t have slop, then check the rotors for run out.

If they are Chinese rotors it’s not unheard of for them to be warped so soon, especially if they have been run hot or had panic stops
    '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '18 Edge SEL AWD

My Mach's restoration progress
    My Sprint's restoration progress
    ”Mercy for the guilty is cruelty to the innocent.” ~ Adam Smith

Comment

To be clear, what's the process to check the bearings for slop? Am I just looking for play in the hub?

I went ahead and ordered new rotors. Easiest way to rule that out.
      It isn't an official project until you've bled on it!

M&M Member #33
      '66 Coupe C code
      '01 Saleen S281SC #648

Comment

Don't forget tie rods and ball joints to look at too. Jack it up, put stands under, and push and pull the heck out of the tire. If something is loose you'll feel it.
        1968 Fastback
        90 5.0 HO
        T-5
        Modern leather buckets
        Front Disc
        2001 Bullit Green

Comment

Working...
        X