Brought to you in part by:
Thirteen Years!

Nineteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Added another Mustang to the garage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 year update

Turned over 75,000 miles now... it has been just over 3 years of ownership.

Even with the new Mustang's on the road now I still get LOTS of comments on the car - can't hardly gas up with out someone taking interest.

Still 100% stock (except for the option wheels pictured above, running the stock 17s for winter).

I haven't had a repair yet - just oil changes, tire rotations, and go. Been a great car. Still drives like it is brand new. As far as I'm concerned, Ford did a great job with these cars...

Comment

That's good to know. What is it giving you for MPG?
      '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '05 Sable LS
      My Mach's restoration progress
      My Sprint's restoration progress
      ”Mercy for the guilty is cruelty to the innocent.” ~ Adam Smith

Comment

that is good news ! cool ride & may you have many more years of miles & smiles :beer:
        34 FORD coupe...Cleveland POWERED https://mustangsandmore.vbulletin.ne...ilies/cool.png

it`s nice to be important but it is more important to be nice.

Keith

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLaRiviere View Post
          That's good to know. What is it giving you for MPG?
          I have been avg 24-25 mpg. I have a 80 mile round trip commute to work, 72 of those miles are highway. When I'm on vacation and do a lot of around town driving the mpg will drop down to 21-22 mpg quickly.

I'm enjoying though, definitely makes my drive much more palatable

I still have my '65. It has seen almost 4,000 miles this year so it has been a good year for that also...

p.s. had to update my info, moved back to OH since the last I was on here posting!

Comment

Nice car! We have been looking at those for a while now, Wife wants to trade her 93 fox Convertible for an 05 convertible. I want to myself, but just can't pull the trigger in this lousy economy, don't want to get caught up in payments....
            ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
            -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
            -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
            " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

5 years of ownership update

Bringing back an old thread here... it has been 5 years of ownership with this car and I'm still as excited about it as the day I bought it. Really!

Still no mechanical problems to report. Odometer reads 116,000 miles. I change the oild every 5,000 miles with synethic and use a FORD filter. Other than that it is just other small maintenance items (all performed by me, of course).

I'm still on my OEM factory brakes... fronts measure out to be at 40% service life and rears are closer to 20%. I plan to do a full front and rear brake job before the cold weather hits this year, if not sooner.

For the most part, the car still looks like NEW. It is holding up really well, especially for a full year round driver. I still have a long commute to work (approx. 80 miles round trip) and I have been averaging 25 mpg at each fill up this summer.

I still get comments and thumbs up at gas stations and such. It is fun to be able to drive such a fun car everyday... Anyone thinking about one of these cars (or the new 5.0 !) I don't think you can go wrong

Comment

That's really cool to hear.

Here's to another 116,000! unk:
                '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '05 Sable LS
                My Mach's restoration progress
                My Sprint's restoration progress
                ”Mercy for the guilty is cruelty to the innocent.” ~ Adam Smith

Comment

Final milestone

Final update to this thread; I see I have missed the last couple birthday updates. Life happens!

I have sold my '07. Sad day, I loved the car. Just not working with two kids under 3. Replaced with a sedan for now. Just couldn't justify keeping it since I already have a '65 also that rarely gets driven these days either.

I sold the car for exactly 1/3 of my original purchase price (including tax/fee/etc). The '07 had 174,000 miles on it and ran and looked like new. Really was a great car! My only repair outside of regular maintenance was a wheel bearing and a pinched ABS wire. The car will be missed.

I'll hopefully be back to working on my'65 again soon. It is being painted right now. See you in the classics forum.

Comment

Working...
                  X