Brought to you by:

Twenty Years!
The best source of parts, bar none!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Sprint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That interior is super clean. Looks good Steve.
    Rick Stevens
    Billet Fluid Line Clamps: www.lsbilletworks.com

- FFR Mark III Cobra Replica (aka Rayne)
    - 68 Mustang Coupe - drag car under construction
    - 2012 F250 Powerstroke

Comment

• Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
      That interior is super clean. Looks good Steve.
      I was thinking it looked super dirty...
      '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '18 Edge SEL AWD

My Mach's restoration progress
      My Sprint's restoration progress
      ”Mercy for the guilty is cruelty to the innocent.” ~ Adam Smith

Comment

• Those Cleveland’s look funny with the timing chain sunk back like that. Funny compared to a Windsor that is.
        ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
        -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
        -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
        " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

• Looking good Steve.
          Mike & Robin Grentus
          69 Mustang Coupe (project & future toy)
          08 Escape 4X4 (spare)
          00 Ranger Extd Cab 4X4 (my DD)
          99 Explorer Sport (wife's DD)
          14 Kawasaki Vulcan (wife's toy)
          M&M Member #- 890
          MCA #- 4549
          My 69 Coupe build album
          http://www.newyorkmustangs.com/forum...cs-t15096.html

Comment

• Progress is always a good thing, Steve! Glad to see it moving forward...!!

Ryan
            Quality means doing it right when no one is looking. - Henry Ford

Comment

• Good to see some progress, Steve!

Comment

• Not pretty, but things are going to improve...

A7DBFA8B-7776-40A0-8022-60B3BDA5C5D7.jpeg

Comment

• man does that that looks familiar ...................

Keith
                  34 FORD coupe...Cleveland POWERED https://mustangsandmore.vbulletin.ne...ilies/cool.png

it`s nice to be important but it is more important to be nice.

Keith

Comment

• That oil screen looks rough. How are the cylinders, know yet? Looks like it might have been a Quaker State motor....

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

• The oil screen’s next trip is to the scrap pile. The bores appear to be standard (I say appear because I can’t seem to find my inside mike right now— typical ) but have a little surface rust. Depending on how they mike out, I may just reuse the pistons and use a small cam, otherwise if I have to bore it I’ll get a stoker kit. The rods and mains appear to just need 0.010” to clean up and get straight. Either way is fine, my goal is just to have something fun to drive and turn a tire once in a while.

37B1A514-A4A2-4E05-9F26-0477DCEAA8D1.jpeg

Comment

• 47EC77FC-4205-4799-92BE-7564256E9FC2.jpeg

3180BE99-960B-401E-8012-56D020F529E6.jpeg

Comment

• The staining on the journals are just a little rust starting to form, typical for an engine that’s been sitting for thirty years or so, ten of those outside.

Comment

• Lot of carbon on that piston, typical of an engine not serviced well and lugged around a lot. Surprised that cylinder looks that good. If the taper is within specs a light hone job should clean it up fine.

Yeah, the oil screen looks stopped up, like the pump was sucking it’s guts out to try to pump oil through it.

Whats that curled mark on top of the piston, a crack? Looks weird.

Comment

• Originally posted by ford84stepside View Post
                              that is a valve relief , it just looks odd due to the carbon build up.

Keith

34 FORD coupe...Cleveland POWERED https://mustangsandmore.vbulletin.ne...ilies/cool.png

it`s nice to be important but it is more important to be nice.

Keith

Comment

• Originally posted by ford84stepside View Post
                                Lot of carbon on that piston, typical of an engine not serviced well and lugged around a lot. Surprised that cylinder looks that good. If the taper is within specs a light hone job should clean it up fine.

Yeah, the oil screen looks stopped up, like the pump was sucking it’s guts out to try to pump oil through it.

You should have seen some of the engines I’ve rebuilt. One was a Buick that was so filled with sludge in the rocker areas and lifter valley I had to scoop it out and filled a small bucket. I’ve seen piston tops so carboned up they were contacting the cylinder heads.

Comment

Working...
                                X