Brought to you by:

Twenty Years!
The best source of parts, bar none!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Sprint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve,I hope it works out for you.
    34 FORD coupe...Cleveland POWERED https://mustangsandmore.vbulletin.ne...ilies/cool.png

it`s nice to be important but it is more important to be nice.

Keith

Comment

• If you plan on keeping it a long time, I'd shoot for a .030 bore and new pistons.
      ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
      -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
      -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
      " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

• I made the decision to bore and try out some Keith Black hypereutectic pistons. I just made the phone call and set it all in motion. I’ll save money with the cam and use a hydraulic flat tappet instead of going to roller cam, like I was considering.
        '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '18 Edge SEL AWD

My Mach's restoration progress
        My Sprint's restoration progress
        ”Mercy for the guilty is cruelty to the innocent.” ~ Adam Smith

Comment

• 34 FORD coupe...Cleveland POWERED https://mustangsandmore.vbulletin.ne...ilies/cool.png

Keith

Comment

• I’m getting hit by the ‘might as well’ bug, I just told them I want to have the reciprocating system balanced as well.

Comment

• I was planning on that also....... but the "stroker kit" bug bit me real bad...................

Keith
              34 FORD coupe...Cleveland POWERED https://mustangsandmore.vbulletin.ne...ilies/cool.png

Keith

Comment

• Originally posted by blue34 View Post
                I was planning on that also....... but the "stroker kit" bug bit me real bad...................

Keith
                I understand how that goes.

I was hoping that I could just have my bores opened .020” but the pitting was bad on one cylinder so he had to cut it to .030”. I was hoping to save some cylinder wall but the luck wasn’t on my side.

But I did just order my pistons, Keith Black hypereutectic KB148-030, which should give me 9.8:1 by my math.

Comment

• No more than you'll drive it Steve, even at .030 over it should out last you. What do you put on your Mach, 1000, maybe 1500 miles a year?

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

• Yeah, they sure don’t get the exercise they need, that’s for sure.

Comment

• Mine sure don't. The Firebird I doubt we've put 3000 miles on it in the three years we've owned it. It sits so long the battery goes dead between driving. Even my pickup is that way. Only the wife's Expy gets regular use, 98% by her to the tune of 20,000 a year, and she doesn't even work!

Comment

• At least I have some new pistons to look at.

97C363A8-3E6F-4D5A-BDE7-692AC08F2E86.jpeg

89C8B3F4-F9DC-4A39-85D3-C872DEBC0880.jpeg

2F79101C-9A0B-46D1-A174-C397E2959986.jpeg

574025D9-22A5-41E4-842D-E026D7DA7AF1.jpeg

Comment

• Sweet !

Keith

Comment

• Nice looking pistons.
                            Mike & Robin Grentus
                            69 Mustang Coupe (project & future toy)
                            08 Escape 4X4 (spare)
                            00 Ranger Extd Cab 4X4 (my DD)
                            99 Explorer Sport (wife's DD)
                            14 Kawasaki Vulcan (wife's toy)
                            M&M Member #- 890
                            MCA #- 4549
                            My 69 Coupe build album
                            http://www.newyorkmustangs.com/forum...cs-t15096.html

Comment

Working...
                            X