Brought to you in part by:
Twelve Years!

Eighteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Progress

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Progress

My nephew moved back to my town in 2015, and last year we decided to carve out one hour per week for "shop morning." We alternate between his place and mine every week that we can. It has provided me with a lot of inspiration, and much-needed motivation to work on my cars again.

Speaking of "alternate"...

Last September we relocated the oil filter on my '67 and finally mounted the alternator, as I will be returning to the street this year. I bought that Powermaster alternator from Alex in April 2009, and the Moroso bracket from him in May 2015. Think it took me long enough to do something with it? Cripes.

Glad to see that you are getting back into it Mike!
    Steve - M&M Member #690

'68 GT/CS California Special Candy Apple Red
    '90 Limited Edition Mustang LX 5.0 'vert (7-Up Car)

Member: Vancouver Island Mustangs Association; Owner 1990 Limited Edition Mustang Registry
    Steve's 1990 Limited Edition Convertible Website & Home of the 1990 Limited Edition Mustang Registry

Comment

I'm slow, but,,,,,,,,,,,,,progress is progress!
      I see a blower belt.......got any more pics of this beauty? I don't think I've ever seen any of it.
      ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
      -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
      -----2000 Expedition XLT 4.6----
      " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

looks good
        34 FORD coupe...Cleveland POWERED

it`s nice to be important but it is more important to be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by ford84stepside View Post
          I'm slow, but,,,,,,,,,,,,,progress is progress!
          I see a blower belt.......got any more pics of this beauty? I don't think I've ever seen any of it.
          WOW - from the angle of the pic, that blower belt looks REAL close to your electric fan...... ?

Mike, I think we all need a need a quick fresher on what your plans are for your '67, what you've done, and what you plan to do yet..... Rather than type it all, do you have a build link located some where?

Ryan
          Quality means doing it right when no one is looking. - Henry Ford

Comment

Thanks for the kind words, guys- I appreciate it. I'm itching to drive it again, but considering I have 2-foot snow drifts in my yard, it's gonna be a bit.

Back when the build was completed in 2009, I was big into the drag racing thing and had aspirations of having a lot of fun in that world. I was in the process of working out the kinks when I could get to the strip, until a friend had an accident at the track that left me stone cold (throttle stuck at finish line). He was OK, but to this day I still have a real hard time with it. That in combination with two other accidents (one involving a '68 Cougar that got hit mid-track by the other car that broke an axle, and another involving my neighbor) unfortunately made me loose my mojo for it. I took a real hard look at the situation over the years and realized that I have more to loose now, and I'd never forgive myself if something happened to this car on the track. Of course I thought about that kind of thing beforehand, but witnessing it with people close to me was an entirely different deal. I'm not de-tuning anything and won't swear off ever going to the track again, but ... for now anyway, the bad memories are still with me and have ruined the track experience.

Here's a (crappy) shot of it from a quick buzz down the road and back, last September. I routinely fire it up and go through the gears, but only in the shop (it's currently not street legal for a number of reasons). This was the first time the car had seen daylight in years. It was an absolute joy to drive again.

The business end.

My nephew did some handywork with aluminum brackets and my external gauges finally have a better home. This particular project was on my wishlist for 7 years, and just two weeks ago it has been crossed off. Dang, that feels good.

Ryan, what on earth do you mean? There's plenty of room! Just kidding. The pictures are kind of deceiving however; there's plenty of "wiggle room" for the belt.

There were three build threads on the engine, the dyno run (and video) in the last. What a blast from the past.

https://mustangsandmore.vbulletin.ne...it-of-progress

https://mustangsandmore.vbulletin.ne...of-progress-ii

https://mustangsandmore.vbulletin.ne...s-iii-dyno-day

Comment

Wow!! Love it!!! 67 is my favorite year Mustang, and a blown small block is the cat's meow!
              ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
              -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
              -----2000 Expedition XLT 4.6----
              " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

Very cool, Mike!
                '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '05 Sable LS
                My Mach's restoration progress
                My Sprint's restoration progress
                "Never offer advice. Wise men don't need it, and fools won't heed it." ~ author unknown

Comment

Thank you.

Credit is certainly due in large part to my brother Rick. The car would not exist in its current form without his generous help and effort. It was fun working with him on it.

Comment

Beautiful! Looks like a beast!!
                    Steve - M&M Member #690

'68 GT/CS California Special Candy Apple Red
                    '90 Limited Edition Mustang LX 5.0 'vert (7-Up Car)

Member: Vancouver Island Mustangs Association; Owner 1990 Limited Edition Mustang Registry
                    Steve's 1990 Limited Edition Convertible Website & Home of the 1990 Limited Edition Mustang Registry

Comment

Thanks Steve! It is F-U-N.

Comment

Finished wiring up the alternator this morning and fired it up. Works like a champ.

Also re-wired up the headlights / break lights / blinkers - stuff that the police tend to appreciate you have.

Smoked a headlight though. Gotta put a couple incandescents on the list.

Got inspired and ordered replacement emblems and door hinge pins. Feels good to order parts for the car again.

Comment

Right on Mike!
                          Rick Stevens
                          Billet Fluid Line Clamps: www.lsbilletworks.com

- FFR Mark III Cobra Replica (aka Rayne)
                          - 68 Mustang Coupe - drag car under construction
                          - 2012 F250 Powerstroke

Comment

The beast lives!
                            '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '05 Sable LS
                            My Mach's restoration progress
                            My Sprint's restoration progress
                            "Never offer advice. Wise men don't need it, and fools won't heed it." ~ author unknown

Comment

Looks great. Ever run into rubbing issues with the H2O pump body so close?
                              1965 Poppy Red Three Peddle Stang - Built Not Bought!
                              2005 Torch Red Topless Three Peddle DD - 12 valve Monster

Current CI Count - 97

Comment

Working...
                              X