Brought to you in part by:
Thirteen Years!

Nineteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

65 Mustang windshield options

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 65 Mustang windshield options

What were the windshield tint options on Mustangs in 65’? I’ve seen only tinted or visor tinted replacement glass. My car has no tint . Wasn’t a clear windshield standard? Anybody know where I can get a carlite clear windshield? Thanks in advance , Mark

I’m not sure about the choices for the ‘65, but I wanted to mention that when I replaced the windshield on my ‘70 Mach the bodyshop got me a supposedly rare Carlite windshield from Canada for $475. They didn’t want to install it though, so when I got the car back from the bodyshop I hired a glass installer to put it in, and he asked where I got the windshield since most people just get them from his company when they change them. He then told me he could get the same exact windshield from Carlite for only about $150-200. Live and learn, I guess.
    '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '05 Sable LS
    My Mach's restoration progress
    My Sprint's restoration progress
    ”Mercy for the guilty is cruelty to the innocent.” ~ Adam Smith

Comment

Thanks Steve,I’ll check with some glass company’s down here. The car is still in Wisconsin at the chassis shop. It’s been torture to have it there so long, but it should be finished in the next few months. Much longer and I’ll need a wheelchair ramp to get in it.

Comment

Lol, I know the feeling.
        '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '05 Sable LS
        My Mach's restoration progress
        My Sprint's restoration progress
        ”Mercy for the guilty is cruelty to the innocent.” ~ Adam Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Ugrich View Post
          ...... Much longer and I’ll need a wheelchair ramp to get in it.
          I saw a pic on Facebook, wish I had of saved it, of a 68-72 Chevelle, that had been modified to have a mini suicide door behind the normal door, and a ramp extended out of it. The guy could roll up the ramp, turn 90* and lock his chair in the drivers position. With a true gearhead, where there's a will, there's a way!

----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
          -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
          -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
          " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

Probably need a swing out bar on the cage too! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Ugrich View Post
              Probably need a swing out bar on the cage too! LOL
              I don't think it had a cage
              ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
              -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
              -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
              " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

Working...
              X