No announcement yet.

My 70 fastback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks. I keep watching all these old episodes of Roadkill and Roadkill Garage, and they have a blast driving those cars regardless of how good they look. Especially on the RK Garage episodes. I want the "workings" and underneath to be better than some of the stuff they drive, but the Vanishing Point Challenger is a perfect example. It looks kinda rough, but has good suspension, good drivetrain, good brakes, etc.
    Rob Hetzler
    M&M member since Oct 2000, #773
    Roxboro Dragway 2011 Top ET champion

My Photo Page

Comment

I like that show. I would just like to have my 69 Coupe running. Maybe next year.
      Mike & Robin Grentus
      69 Mustang Coupe (project & future toy)
      08 Escape 4X4 (spare)
      00 Ranger Extd Cab 4X4 (my DD)
      99 Explorer Sport (wife's DD)
      14 Kawasaki Vulcan (wife's toy)
      M&M Member #- 890
      MCA #- 4549
      My 69 Coupe build album
      http://www.newyorkmustangs.com/forum...cs-t15096.html

Comment

The motor is going to go in KK's convertible. I have it out, and have taken it apart part of the way. The timing chain is shot, there are no hone marks left in the cylinders, they are smooth as a mirror, but there is no ridge at the top either. Just for an initial look, I pulled one main bearing cap and one rod cap; both still look new. Right now the plan for it is to hone the block, new rings, new timing chain, a smaller cam of the hdyro variety that is powerbrake friendly, a dual plane intake, a 650 VS carb, have the heads freshened up, and drop it back in the car. I have rings, timing chain, intake, cam and lifters, etc. Really the only expense will be gaskets and having the heads gone thru.

For my car, I dont know what I will do for a motor yet, but I have a stock rod cleveland short block sitting on a stand. I could slap some open chamber heads on it, install a smaller solid flat tappet cam I have on the shelf, and use it. I have an AOD I would like to put in the car just to knock some hiway RPM off, install something like a 3.55 gear, a lock up converter to help the rpm situation even a little more, and make it so I can drive it on the interstate to go to work and not have to turn 3500 rpm to run 70 mph. But that part is all down the line a ways.
        Rob Hetzler
        M&M member since Oct 2000, #773
        Roxboro Dragway 2011 Top ET champion

My Photo Page

Comment

Working...
        X