Brought to you in part by:
Thirteen Years!

Nineteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Back in the sunlight...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back in the sunlight...

After almost a 2 year hiatus due to rebuilding the rear suspension, total front suspension rebuild, converting to power front disc brakes, completely rebuilding the rear brakes and replacing all brake lines. Rebuilding all the power steering related parts/pieces, rebuilding the heater box and instrument panel along with alot of other stuff....

Other than driving to get a frontend alignment last year I finally took the 69 Convert on a nice long ride today and burned up over half a tank of old gas.

It drives, handles and stops ALOT better than before but it's still like driving an old car by current standards...lol
    Here's a couple pics from todays ride. Got alot of thumbs-ups from people today on the ride.
    79 Stang, full cage,mini-tubbed,396"W,G-Force G-101 4 spd,4.56's, tagged street/strip 10.28@129.3
    69 Stang Vert
    69 Stang Coupe
    92 Stang 5.0 LX
    other DD's

79 Stang, full cage,mini-tubbed,396"W,G-Force G-101 4 spd,4.56's, tagged street/strip 10.28@129.3
    69 Stang Vert
    69 Stang Coupe
    92 Stang 5.0 LX
    other DD's

Comment

Lookin' good Tater! unk:
      Rick

BBF powered '23 Gas Altered

"You'd be a fool to not rock on".

Comment

Nice!!
        Steve - M&M Member #690

'68 GT/CS California Special Candy Apple Red
        '90 Limited Edition Mustang LX 5.0 'vert (7-Up Car)

Member: Vancouver Island Mustangs Association; Owner 1990 Limited Edition Mustang Registry
        Steve's 1990 Limited Edition Convertible Website & Home of the 1990 Limited Edition Mustang Registry

Comment

Thanks for the kind words guys!
          Been awhile getting all the parts/pieces along with the time to do all the work involved. I try to do as much as I can and it has been kinda like putting a puzzle together collecting parts as money allowed along with me being interested in messing with it.

My problem is that I have 4 Stang toys and they all suck $$ from me in their own way...lol

It felt pretty cool to get this ride out and enjoy it again on an 80 degree sunny day!

It's a decent shape driver that we've had for about 15 yrs, we bought it from my Uncle who owned it about 12 yrs. I think I have a good foundation with it now. Its a solid undercarriage survivor and the suspension,brakes and steering are good to go now.
          Plans for the future include a 351W hyd. roller cam combo with alum. heads and either an AOD or C-4 to replace the current 302 2V and FMX. Other than a few parts I have everything besides machine work on the block to complete the transformation this coming Winter.

Thanks for letting me share. In a good mood ATM and there's been many a day in the past that I had to really push myself to spend $ and time to get this car going again....lol....but it's been worth it!

Tater
          69 Stang Vert
          69 Stang Coupe
          92 Stang 5.0 LX
          other DD's

Comment

Yeah, that was a considerable teardown. Covered a lot of stuff, glad you're happy with the outcome.

And I know exactly what you mean about staying interested, that can be half the battle in itself.
            I'll think about a project about halfway through the workday. Time comes to go home, it's GONE. :hammer:
            Rick

BBF powered '23 Gas Altered

"You'd be a fool to not rock on".

Comment

Gorgeous!! Love the color!!
              M&M Member #91
              Ford Dealership Engine/Chassis Master Certified Technician
              US Navy submarine vet; Operation Iraqi Freedom vet..x 2...USAF Reserve...RETIRED, 26 total years

Current 2003 Azure Blue Mach 1. All My Past Mustangs:'84 GT-5 spd, my first; '91 GT-auto; '70 M-code Mach 1-grabber yellow; '95 GTS-5 spd, Pro-Charged, totaled; '95 GTS 5 spd, replacement; '89 LX 5.0 'vert-5 spd; '90 LX 5.0 hatch-5 spd; '69 M-code Mach 1-4 spd; '90 5.0 LX 'vert; '03 Mach 1-5 spd, '93 Mustang LX vert.

Comment

Beautiful ride!! Very nice! :beer:

Comment

Looks great! unk:
                  '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '05 Sable LS
                  My Mach's restoration progress
                  My Sprint's restoration progress
                  ”Mercy for the guilty is cruelty to the innocent.” ~ Adam Smith

Comment

Looks great, I love the color.
                    Mike & Robin Grentus
                    69 Mustang Coupe (project & future toy)
                    08 Escape 4X4 (spare)
                    00 Ranger Extd Cab 4X4 (my DD)
                    99 Explorer Sport (wife's DD)
                    14 Kawasaki Vulcan (wife's toy)
                    M&M Member #- 890
                    MCA #- 4549
                    My 69 Coupe build album
                    http://www.newyorkmustangs.com/forum...cs-t15096.html

Comment

Nice! Don't see many drop tops that model.
                      ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
                      -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
                      -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
                      " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys! We took the vert out again yesterday for a long ride and didn't have any issues, knock on wood.
                        Stopped at a local gas station that sells gas without ethanol for $3.82/gal and filled it up. I've been using the same gas for the mower, weed wacker and generator with good luck so I figured it should be good in the vert since it sits in the garage most of the time.
                        69 Stang Vert
                        69 Stang Coupe
                        92 Stang 5.0 LX
                        other DD's

Comment

back in sunlight

I give it a 2 thumbs up also... Congrates on getting back in the sun...!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          Jim Soderberg

70 Mach 1
                          Arest-me-red paint
                          351W 4sp ,4bbl,Hooker sup-comp, magnaflow stainless

Comment

Very nice lookng 'stang, although I own a '70 I have always liked the 4 headlight system of the '69, just looks meaner. Maybe someday I'll build a hybrid with a 69 front and 70 rear as the recessed tailights are my fav. Again, nice looking car, there's not much a better feeling than taking out a car you have been working on for a long time. Our paintjob took 3 years, but was worth the wait everytime somebody mentions the shine. Thanks for sharing, happy cruizing.......
                            1970 Mach 1, my wife's first car purchased for $1800 in 1977. .30 over 351 Cleveland 4V FMX tranny. Best ET with 3:00 to 1 gears 13.9 @ 102 mph

Comment

I noticed alot of comments on the paint. TBH, the car was last painted back in 1988. It looks alot better in the pics than real life.I wasn't too wild about the wide white stripe down the side for awhile but it's grown on me.
                              Its a good 50 ft car though. The guy that did the body work/paint was a professional that worked at a reputable body shop. He did this car on the side at his shop at home. Back then it was a semi tear-down and a work with him/owner removing parts/taping stuff up.
                              All in all it boiled down to a body work/paint job for $800 back in 1988!!!
                              By todays std that might cover materials.
                              Currently it's far from great and thats fine with me with a few scratches and dings.

Just happy to get the old gal out and about again. I figure my years are numbered and I'll have some good times with her while I can!!
                              TY guys again for the positive comments! I appreciate them!

Tater
                              69 Stang Vert
                              69 Stang Coupe
                              92 Stang 5.0 LX
                              other DD's

Comment

Working...
                              X