Brought to you in part by:
Twelve Years!

Eighteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Back in the sunlight...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like Steve said those SS exhaust clamps work great. I've used them in the past on my 79 Mustang when swapping out the quiet street mufflers for Dynomax bullets for track days. I also used them on my 02 F250 when I put a Flowmaster cat back system on it. They're available from mail order places for less than $10 each and available for lap or butt joint connections.
    79 Stang, full cage,mini-tubbed,396"W,G-Force G-101 4 spd,4.56's, tagged street/strip 10.28@129.3
    69 Stang Vert
    69 Stang Coupe
    92 Stang 5.0 LX
    other DD's

Comment

Good to know, Guys! I may just have to try them on my next exhaust project!

Ryan
      Quality means doing it right when no one is looking. - Henry Ford

Comment

Thanks for sharing the details of the FMX to C4 swap, I'm considering doing that to my two FMX cars. It's crazy how much more is available for the C4, in addition to the lighter weight and lower power losses. I was thinking of AOD but I really don't do enough mileage to have it make sense to me, in addition to their being one of the easiest automatics to rebuild.
        '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '05 Sable LS
        My Mach's restoration progress
        My Sprint's restoration progress
        It is much more effective to teach people how to swim than to try to dry all the world oceans.

Comment

After what seemed like an eternity last week I finally got the new engine, transmission/convertor and fresh rebuilt 9" started up and broken in. After addressing a small fuel line leak and a oil sending unit leak it fired right up and I ran it at varying engine speeds for 30 mins in the shop. After setting the timing and messing with the carb adjustments I'm happy to report that it seems to be fine with no strange noises and good response. The trans seems ok on jackstands and the rear seems quiet. This has been a long time, effort and $$ involved on my part doing almost everything by myself. It kinda sounds/feels like a totally different car compared to the old 302 2v combo. With the super cold weather I just moved it from one garage to my other garage and putting it into hibernation until the Spring time when I can drive it and see if there's any bugs to work out. As far as engine,drivetrain,brakes,steering, complete exhaust system, all new fuel/transmission lines, belts, hoses and suspension there isn't much that hasn't been changed or rebuilt so it should drive as good as an old car should....lol. With a open spot in my other garage now it's off to tear into the rearend 9" upgrades on my 79 Mustang. Woo Hoo!!!!

Short Video before Winter hibernation.

https://youtu.be/frwZtl_dm8s
          79 Stang, full cage,mini-tubbed,396"W,G-Force G-101 4 spd,4.56's, tagged street/strip 10.28@129.3
          69 Stang Vert
          69 Stang Coupe
          92 Stang 5.0 LX
          other DD's

Comment

Looks great!
            ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
            -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
            -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
            " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

Thanks Bobby! To say that I was a little nervous before putting the key in it for the initial start up would be a huge understatement. After moving it to my back garage for the Winter with no known issues was a tremendous relief for me. Looking forward to driving it many miles this year!
              69 Stang Vert
              69 Stang Coupe
              92 Stang 5.0 LX
              other DD's

Comment

Sounds sweet!
                '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '05 Sable LS
                My Mach's restoration progress
                My Sprint's restoration progress
                It is much more effective to teach people how to swim than to try to dry all the world oceans.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater351C View Post
                  After what seemed like an eternity last week I finally got the new engine, transmission/convertor and fresh rebuilt 9" started up and broken in. After addressing a small fuel line leak and a oil sending unit leak it fired right up and I ran it at varying engine speeds for 30 mins in the shop. After setting the timing and messing with the carb adjustments I'm happy to report that it seems to be fine with no strange noises and good response. The trans seems ok on jackstands and the rear seems quiet. This has been a long time, effort and $$ involved on my part doing almost everything by myself. It kinda sounds/feels like a totally different car compared to the old 302 2v combo. With the super cold weather I just moved it from one garage to my other garage and putting it into hibernation until the Spring time when I can drive it and see if there's any bugs to work out. As far as engine,drivetrain,brakes,steering, complete exhaust system, all new fuel/transmission lines, belts, hoses and suspension there isn't much that hasn't been changed or rebuilt so it should drive as good as an old car should....lol. With a open spot in my other garage now it's off to tear into the rearend 9" upgrades on my 79 Mustang. Woo Hoo!!!!

Short Video before Winter hibernation.

https://youtu.be/frwZtl_dm8s
                  SWEET! I'm happy for you Tater!

Two questions from the video:
                  1) It appears to me that the convertible rear window is a two-piece deal?
                  2) What is the piece going over the top of the fan guard?

Ryan

Comment

Hey Ryan, sharp eye! The top was replaced about 25 years ago and the rear window is a 2 piece glass unit. Thru the years the glass has started to separate some from the rubber molding where they join. So I did a cheapy fix and put some 3M shipping tape with fiber reinforcement bands in it on both sides of the glass. This has worked pretty well for a few years. Usually in the warm months the top is always down. The radiator is a 3 row and the aftermarket shroud that I got for it had a large gap on the top between the rad./shroud so I put a piece of plumbing pipe insulation on it to cover the air gap so the fan will pull more air thru the rad. The shroud fits the sides/bottom pretty tight.
                    69 Stang Vert
                    69 Stang Coupe
                    92 Stang 5.0 LX
                    other DD's

Comment

Originally posted by Tater351C View Post
                      Usually in the warm months the top is always down.
                      Heck Yeah, Tater!
                      Takes me back to when I still owned my '85 Mustang GT convertible; it's top would stay down for days/weeks at times too. Sometimes I'd give it a bath without putting the top up. I was pretty good about keeping a car cover on it, such as when I drove it to work or just being out n' about. I wouldn't put the cover on if I wasn't stopped for long, but if I was going to be stopped for an hour or more, I'd slip the cover on it to keep the Sun from working on the interior. I'd just ball it up and slip it in the trunk when I was ready to motor off again. I didn't park under trees for the shade because I didn't want to deal with the bird droppings coming out of the tree! I recall one time going to a State Park on Lake Michigan for an afternoon and when I came back to the car, the wind had kicked up enough of the beach sand to deliver about a cupful of sand on top of the cover! I had removed the air pump, tweaked the 4bbl, installed an off road (no cats) exhaust system and JBA shorty headers, and with the 5-speed and traction-loc, it would go sideways about as easy as going straight.... Fun days indeed..... !

Ryan

Comment

Working...
                      X