Brought to you in part by:
Twelve Years!

Eighteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got a little work done.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SteveLaRiviere View Post
    Smart thinking on your part to make a hand guard for your grinder, Mike.
    It also helps keep the sparks from going up your sheeve and burning the crap outta ya!

Ryan
    Quality means doing it right when no one is looking. - Henry Ford

Comment

• Here is a pic of the installed rear housing. Today I installed the center differential housing, new rear Koni STR T rear shocks, tightened all the spring attaching bolts, U bolts, shackle bolts, removed the old steel brake line to the rear, removed the old rubber line to the rear housing, & the old rubber vent line.

Mike & Robin Grentus
      69 Mustang Coupe (project & future toy)
      08 Escape 4X4 (spare)
      00 Ranger Extd Cab 4X4 (my DD)
      99 Explorer Sport (wife's DD)
      14 Kawasaki Vulcan (wife's toy)
      M&M Member #- 890
      MCA #- 4549
      My 69 Coupe build album
      http://www.newyorkmustangs.com/forum...cs-t15096.html

Comment

• Today I installed a new steel brake line from the dist block in front back to & including the rubber brake hose to the rear end, both steel brake lines out to the rear wheels, & a new rear end vent hose.

Mike & Robin Grentus
        08 Escape 4X4 (spare)
        M&M Member #- 890
        MCA #- 4549
        My 69 Coupe build album

Comment

• Nice job on bending up the brake lines, Mike! Looks GREAT! Great progress as always!

Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryan Wilke View Post
            Nice job on bending up the brake lines, Mike! Looks GREAT! Great progress as always!

Ryan
            Ryan, thanks. I purchased the brake lines pre bent from Classic Tube in western NY state.
            Mike & Robin Grentus
            08 Escape 4X4 (spare)
            M&M Member #- 890
            MCA #- 4549
            My 69 Coupe build album

Comment

• Looking great Mike! Did you also replace your fuel lines from the tank to pump? I just got new lines for my Vert. After inspecting the original hard lines I noticed that somewhere in time something came in contact with it under the seat area and had it almost all the way pinched shut. I'm not sure how long it'd been like that but I'm surprised the car drove ok. The box the new lines came in is huge!
              79 Stang, full cage,mini-tubbed,396"W,G-Force G-101 4 spd,4.56's, tagged street/strip 10.28@129.3
              69 Stang Vert
              69 Stang Coupe
              92 Stang 5.0 LX
              other DD's

Comment

• Originally posted by Tater351C View Post
                Looking great Mike! Did you also replace your fuel lines from the tank to pump? I just got new lines for my Vert. After inspecting the original hard lines I noticed that somewhere in time something came in contact with it under the seat area and had it almost all the way pinched shut. I'm not sure how long it'd been like that but I'm surprised the car drove ok. The box the new lines came in is huge!
                Thanks. No not yet, I have not got to that point yet. I am trying to decide if I want to go carb'd or FI. Decisions, decisions.
                Mike & Robin Grentus
                08 Escape 4X4 (spare)
                M&M Member #- 890
                MCA #- 4549
                My 69 Coupe build album

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike65 View Post

Thanks. No not yet, I have not got to that point yet. I am trying to decide if I want to go carb'd or FI. Decisions, decisions.
                  Understand, a lot of good/new stuff available these days. Have to weigh out the Pros/Cons on both new F.I. n old school carb. My problem is I have too many projects and not an unlimited budget.

79 Stang, full cage,mini-tubbed,396"W,G-Force G-101 4 spd,4.56's, tagged street/strip 10.28@129.3
                  69 Stang Vert
                  69 Stang Coupe
                  92 Stang 5.0 LX
                  other DD's

Comment

Mike,
                    Have you decided on what engine & transmission with get the nod of approval to live in your sweet '69?

Ryan

Comment

• Ryan, yes I have decided that much. A 5.0 that I discussed the build in this thread. https://mustangsandmore.vbulletin.ne...pinions-please & a world class T-5 5 spd. Tater351c unfortunately I to do not have an unlimited budget.
                      Last edited by Mike65; 04-08-2017, 07:28 AM.
                      Mike & Robin Grentus
                      08 Escape 4X4 (spare)
                      M&M Member #- 890
                      MCA #- 4549
                      My 69 Coupe build album

Comment

• I guess I worded my post above wrong. I have too many projects and NOT AN UNLIMITED BUDGET!!!!! My Good Buddy Bull got on me today asking if I had made the changes with the clutch adjustments him n I talked about on my 79 n I told him no I've been messing with the Vert. He more or less said to me that I need to to decide if I want a race car or street toys on my budget. I told him that I want both!!! Lol. It is what it is and I've balanced the car projects pretty good so far the past couple years. I wanna have fun n not be tied to one car before my time is up.
                        69 Stang Vert
                        69 Stang Coupe
                        92 Stang 5.0 LX
                        other DD's

Comment

Ryan, yes I have decided that much. A 5.0 that I discussed the build in this thread. https://mustangsandmore.vbulletin.ne...pinions-please & a world class T-5 5 spd.
                          Mike,
                          I'd suggest you stick with your original plan of going with a carb. You already have the intake.... Not that long ago, I owned an '85 Mustang GT, 5.0L 4V HO convertible, equipped with an OE T-5, 5-speed and Holley carb. It could have used more rear gear, as I believe it had only a 2.73 rear gear, but even still it was still a bunch of fun!

If I were you, I think I would lean toward a 3.50 rear gear...... There is nothing that beats that kick-in-the-pants gear multiplication torque!

Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryan Wilke View Post

Mike,
                            I'd suggest you stick with your original plan of going with a carb. You already have the intake.... Not that long ago, I owned an '85 Mustang GT, 5.0L 4V HO convertible, equipped with an OE T-5, 5-speed and Holley carb. It could have used more rear gear, as I believe it had only a 2.73 rear gear, but even still it was still a bunch of fun!

If I were you, I think I would lean toward a 3.50 rear gear...... There is nothing that beats that kick-in-the-pants gear multiplication torque!

Ryan
                            Ryan, funny you should say about using the 3.50 gear. On the previous page I discussed about rebuilding the rear & installing a 3.50 rear gear & trac loc. Here is the pic. As far as going carb or FI I was looking at the systems where you bolt the unit in place of the carb like the FiTech system.
                            http://fitechefi.com/products/30003/

Mike & Robin Grentus
                            08 Escape 4X4 (spare)
                            M&M Member #- 890
                            MCA #- 4549
                            My 69 Coupe build album

Comment

• Cool beans!

Mike,
                              I don't recall you mentioning it previously, are you even considering installing some sort of traction bars or slicks at some point in time? If so, you should install/weld in a couple of 2"x 2" gusset plates bracing the rear spring perches from both sides...... yeah, it would have been simpler when the housing was out of the car, but, it is still very do-able and NECESSARY IF those items may be in your future.....

Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by Tater351C View Post
                                I guess I worded my post above wrong. I have too many projects and NOT AN UNLIMITED BUDGET!!!!! My Good Buddy Bull got on me today asking if I had made the changes with the clutch adjustments him n I talked about on my 79 n I told him no I've been messing with the Vert. He more or less said to me that I need to to decide if I want a race car or street toys on my budget. I told him that I want both!!! Lol. It is what it is and I've balanced the car projects pretty good so far the past couple years. I wanna have fun n not be tied to one car before my time is up.
                                No, I understood I was just stating the same. Trying to balance fixing our DD & our toys sometimes strains the budget.
                                Mike & Robin Grentus
                                08 Escape 4X4 (spare)
                                M&M Member #- 890
                                MCA #- 4549
                                My 69 Coupe build album

Comment

Working...
                                X