Brought to you in part by:
Twelve Years!

Eighteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got a little work done.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike65
    started a topic Got a little work done.

Got a little work done.

Today the weather at the Jersey shore is beautiful, mid 70's & mostly sunny so I decided to take advantage of the good weather & roll the 69 Coupe out of the garage & cut out the l/s front torque box & floor support. Here is as far as I got when I busted my last sawzall blade.

Last edited by Mike65; 09-16-2017, 04:19 PM.

• Mike65
    replied
    Today I decided to move the EFI fuel pump relay to the interior by the AAW relay pack & the inertia switch. I mounted the ignition box on the l/s inner fender panel & started running the wires.

Leave a comment:

• Mike65
    replied
    Today I received the Pertronix Digital HP ignition box.

Leave a comment:

• Mike65
    replied
    Today I spent a few hours in the garage hiding the f/e lighting & horn wires under the l/s fender.

1st pic, I drilled a 7/8" hole in the l/s rear inner fender panel just below & forward of the hood hinge & ran the harness through a grommet out under the fender.

2nd pic, The harness re-enters the engine compartment through a grommet in the lower part of the l/s front inner fender panel & out through a hole in the l/s lower part of the radiator support to the front of the car.

3rd pic, All the f/e lighting & horn wires temp in place until I can hang the fenders so I can cut the wires to length & install the plug ends.

Leave a comment:

• Mike65
    replied
    Today I worked on hiding the harness that runs from the center firewall hole to the solenoid under the r/s fender.

1st pic, I drilled a 7/8" hole in the r/s rear inner fender panel & ran the harness through a grommet out under the fender.

2nd pic, Routing of the harness under the r/s fender.

3rd pic, The harness re-enters the engine compartment through another grommet in the lower part of the r/s front inner fender panel & hooks to the solenoid.

Leave a comment:

• Mike65
    replied
    Originally posted by Tater351C View Post
    You’ve really been on a roll Mike! A lot of work for sure!! Wiring can really be a time consuming activity but well worth the end results. Keep up the good work!!
    Thanks Tater. Today after clearing some snow I started wrapping the wires under the hood into separate harness's. I ran out of the TechFlex harness wrap & had to order more so I am at a stand still.

Leave a comment:

• Tater351C
    replied
    You’ve really been on a roll Mike! A lot of work for sure!! Wiring can really be a time consuming activity but well worth the end results. Keep up the good work!!

Leave a comment:

• Mike65
    replied
    Thanks Ryan. Today I made the small harness that runs from the blower switch to the blower resistor. That wiring is not included in the AAW wiring kit.

Leave a comment:

• Ryan Wilke
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike65 View Post

Thanks Fred, I have to finish the wiring & have the engine built then assemble. I would like it running by its 50th birthday which is 11/26/18.
    Mike,
    At the rate you've been hitting it, I'm sure you will meet your goal!

Ryan

Leave a comment:

• Mike65
    replied
    Today I wrapped more of the under dash wiring, secured the turn signal switch wiring, installed the lower steering column cover, & ran the wire for the r/s dome light to the rear.

Leave a comment:

• Mike65
    replied
    Originally posted by fredfordguy View Post
    Coming along nicely Mike, do you have an estimate for taking her out on the road???
    Thanks Fred, I have to finish the wiring & have the engine built then assemble. I would like it running by its 50th birthday which is 11/26/18.

Leave a comment:

• fredfordguy
    replied
    Coming along nicely Mike, do you have an estimate for taking her out on the road???

Leave a comment:

• Mike65
    replied
    Today I spent a few hours in the garage working on the turn signal switch wiring. I had to cut off the Ford plug & install new terminals & install them into the AAW supplied plug to mate up to their harness plug.

Leave a comment:

• Mike65
    replied
    Today I spent the day in the garage working on the wiring for the dash mounted parking brake warning light. I had to lengthen the wire going to the center mount parking brake warning switch, & add an inline fuse since the AAW harness doesn't have a connection for it. I am going to tap off one of the accessory terminals in the fuse box & mount the fuse holder by the relay pack, & the inertia switch.

Leave a comment:

• ford84stepside
    replied
    You keep making progress and you'll be on the road before I will, Mike!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X