Brought to you in part by:
Thirteen Years!

Nineteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got a little work done.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike65
    started a topic Got a little work done.

Got a little work done.

Today the weather at the Jersey shore is beautiful, mid 70's & mostly sunny so I decided to take advantage of the good weather & roll the 69 Coupe out of the garage & cut out the l/s front torque box & floor support. Here is as far as I got when I busted my last sawzall blade.

Last edited by Mike65; 09-16-2017, 03:19 PM.

• blue34
    replied
    Mike, I had a similar handle unit in my coupe from a Mustang ii. while under the car one day I noticed how rusty it was & the black handle
    matched nothing else so I went with a chrome handle unit. I am waiting to see what you think about the cable kit. thanks

Leave a comment:

• Mike65
    replied
    I am using the center mount parking brake handle from a 1987 Mustang, I am only using the Lokar parking brake cables. Here is a pic of the handle assembly I am using.

Here is a link to the cables I am using.
    https://www.cjponyparts.com/rear-par...1993/p/PBCR31/

Leave a comment:

• blue34
    replied
    I`m interested in the Lokar set up also as I have a floor mount E-brake handle in my coupe. twice over the years it has locked up & needed
    to be removed to be repaired. due to this I have been reluctant to add their cable set up.

Leave a comment:

• Ryan Wilke
    replied
    Good stick-to-it-ness, Mike!

So how did the Lokar go in?
    Did it slip in like it was made for it?
    Are you happy with it or is it a 'it looks like it'll work' type of thing?

Ryan

Leave a comment:

• Mike65
    replied
    Today was another beautiful day so I did a little more work on the Mustang. I put the back of the Mustang up on jack stands to start running the Lokar parking brake cables to get the center mount parking brake hooked up.

Leave a comment:

• Mike65
    replied
    Today was beautiful weather (70°) so I rolled the Mustang out of the garage & finished the rear brake lines on the rear differential to the rear wheel cylinders.

Leave a comment:

• Mike65
    replied
    I installed the new front & rear 1330 u joints in the aluminium driveshaft & installed the yoke for the T-5 trans.

Leave a comment:

• white68stang
    replied
    Dang! Moving right along!

Leave a comment:

• SteveLaRiviere
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike65 View Post

Thanks Ryan.
    Yesterday I acquired an aluminum driveshaft for the Mustang from a 2000 Explorer 2WD 4 door 4.0 V-6, which is actually the same length as the stock Mustang driveshaft. Now I just have to replace the u joints & install the yoke for the T-5 trans.

Wow, that’s a great thing to know! Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Tater351C
    replied
    Hey Mike, your rolling right along! Looking good!

Leave a comment:

• Mike65
    replied
    Originally posted by Ryan Wilke View Post
    Lookin' Good, Mike!!

Ryan
    Thanks Ryan.
    Yesterday I acquired an aluminum driveshaft for the Mustang from a 2000 Explorer 2WD 4 door 4.0 V-6, which is actually the same length as the stock Mustang driveshaft. Now I just have to replace the u joints & install the yoke for the T-5 trans.

Leave a comment:

• Ryan Wilke
    replied
    Lookin' Good, Mike!!

Ryan

Leave a comment:

• Mike65
    replied
    I have been sick all week with the flu & only started feeling better today so I spent a little time in the garage finishing the "custom" r/s Mach-1 dash panel. When I got the panel the wood grain applique was peeling so I decided to completely remove it & paint it satin black to match the l/s dash panel.

Leave a comment:

• Mike65
    replied
    I stopped at the re-builder yesterday after work & he told me the cam & the intake have the same RPM power range IIRC 4,000-4500 RPM. He also stated with the changes he is making to the engine I could expect 325HP out of the engine. As far as the compression next time I see him I will have to ask.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X