Brought to you in part by:
Twelve Years!

Eighteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ooooo...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ooooo...

This '69 Boss 302 would look so good parked next to my Mach. Oh, the indignity of having a gearhead's taste on a peon's budget. At least I can snag the photo for my background picture.

image.jpeg
    '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '05 Sable LS
    My Mach's restoration progress
    My Sprint's restoration progress
    "Never offer advice. Wise men don't need it, and fools won't heed it." ~ author unknown

In my very prejudiced opinion .............. Ford will NEVER duplicate the styling of the 1969, 1970 Mustang Sport Roof (Fastback). To me, those two styles are the best, most beautiful, sportiest and cool of the 52 years in Mustang history.
    Eddie "D"
    '70 Sports Roof, 351 W, 13.1 @ 107: Maple Grove.
    "The deadliest weapon in the world is a U.S. Marine and his rifle." Quote by General John J. Pershing U.S. Army.
    M&M Member #339.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLaRiviere View Post
      This '69 Boss 302 would look so good parked next to my Mach. Oh, the indignity of having a gearhead's taste on a peon's budget. At least I can snag the photo for my background picture.

image.jpeg
      You are certainly not the only one with the budget issues Steve. At least you have two beauties in your garage.

Steve - M&M Member #690

'68 GT/CS California Special Candy Apple Red
      '90 Limited Edition Mustang LX 5.0 'vert (7-Up Car)

Member: Vancouver Island Mustangs Association; Owner 1990 Limited Edition Mustang Registry
      Steve's 1990 Limited Edition Convertible Website & Home of the 1990 Limited Edition Mustang Registry

Comment

Originally posted by 70 Pony View Post
        In my very prejudiced opinion .............. Ford will NEVER duplicate the styling of the 1969, 1970 Mustang Sport Roof (Fastback). To me, those two styles are the best, most beautiful, sportiest and cool of the 52 years in Mustang history.
        I will admit to being jaded to this body style, but it was SO good that Toyota duplicated it in 3/4 scale in around 1978 or so
        1970 Mach 1, my wife's first car purchased for $1800 in 1977. .30 over 351 Cleveland 4V FMX tranny. Best ET with 3:00 to 1 gears 13.9 @ 102 mph

Comment

You guys get no argument from me.
          "Never offer advice. Wise men don't need it, and fools won't heed it." ~ author unknown

Comment

You guys get no argument from me.
            Me either, I could not afford a Mach or Fastback so I started looking for a Coupe. I acquired this one a little while later. IMHO 69/70's are the nicest looking years of all the years of Mustangs. That Boss 302 would look nice sitting next to my 69 Coupe, now only if I had a 2 car garage. LOL.
            Last edited by Mike65; 02-18-2017, 07:38 PM.
            Mike & Robin Grentus
            69 Mustang Coupe (project & future toy)
            08 Escape 4X4 (spare)
            00 Ranger Extd Cab 4X4 (my DD)
            99 Explorer Sport (wife's DD)
            14 Kawasaki Vulcan (wife's toy)
            M&M Member #- 890
            MCA #- 4549
            My 69 Coupe build album
            http://www.newyorkmustangs.com/forum...cs-t15096.html

Comment

Flat hoods are just ok for me....gotta have the shaker!
              M&M Member #91
              Ford Dealership Engine/Chassis Master Certified Technician
              US Navy submarine vet; Operation Iraqi Freedom vet..x 2...USAF Reserve...RETIRED, 26 total years

Current 2003 Azure Blue Mach 1. All My Past Mustangs:'84 GT-5 spd, my first; '91 GT-auto; '70 M-code Mach 1-grabber yellow; '95 GTS-5 spd, Pro-Charged, totaled; '95 GTS 5 spd, replacement; '89 LX 5.0 'vert-5 spd; '90 LX 5.0 hatch-5 spd; '69 M-code Mach 1-4 spd; '90 5.0 LX 'vert; '03 Mach 1-5 spd, '93 Mustang LX vert.

Comment

Originally posted by submariner mustanger View Post
                Flat hoods are just ok for me....gotta have the shaker!
                + 10,000. Hood scoops, whether a 'Shaker' ,a Mach I style or my favorite the BOSS 429 big a$$ scoop MUST appear on any V-8 Mustang, and any year.
                Eddie "D"
                '70 Sports Roof, 351 W, 13.1 @ 107: Maple Grove.
                "The deadliest weapon in the world is a U.S. Marine and his rifle." Quote by General John J. Pershing U.S. Army.
                M&M Member #339.

Comment

+ 10,000. Hood scoops, whether a 'Shaker' ,a Mach I style or my favorite the BOSS 429 big a$$ scoop MUST appear on any V-8 Mustang, and any year.
                  Amen!!

M&M Member #91
                  Ford Dealership Engine/Chassis Master Certified Technician
                  US Navy submarine vet; Operation Iraqi Freedom vet..x 2...USAF Reserve...RETIRED, 26 total years

Current 2003 Azure Blue Mach 1. All My Past Mustangs:'84 GT-5 spd, my first; '91 GT-auto; '70 M-code Mach 1-grabber yellow; '95 GTS-5 spd, Pro-Charged, totaled; '95 GTS 5 spd, replacement; '89 LX 5.0 'vert-5 spd; '90 LX 5.0 hatch-5 spd; '69 M-code Mach 1-4 spd; '90 5.0 LX 'vert; '03 Mach 1-5 spd, '93 Mustang LX vert.

Comment

Originally posted by fredfordguy View Post
                    .....but it was SO good that Toyota duplicated it in 3/4 scale in around 1978 or so
                    Fred,
                    What do you mean by that statement?

- Ryan

Quality means doing it right when no one is looking. - Henry Ford

Comment

While the topic is up for discussion - what is everyone's opinion/feelings regarding a non-FoMoCo-based scoop on a '69/'70 Mustang?

Such as a "Pro Stock" style...like this: https://www.amazon.com/Street-Scene-...ass+hood+scoop

Or a GM-based Cowl Induction style...like this: https://www.amazon.com/JEGS-Performa...ass+hood+scoop

Or the Thunderbolt-style 'tear drop' style...like this: https://www.amazon.com/Street-Scene-...ass+hood+scoop

There was a mustang at my local track with a cougar-style, wider hood scoop with a center finger support.... (Poo, I couldn't locate a pic of one for this post......but anyways) .... I thought it looked good on it.

Ryan

Comment

Steve,, I've had people stand about mid door, and take pics of the rear qtr. I tried it myself,, that is a beautiful body line going on there.. AND I must agree,, SHAKERS are a MUST.!!!
                        Jim Soderberg

70 Mach 1
                        Arest-me-red paint
                        351W 4sp ,4bbl,Hooker sup-comp, magnaflow stainless

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Wilke View Post

Fred,
                          What do you mean by that statement?

- Ryan

A bunch of Celicas in the seventies ripped off many Mustang design themes. For example, look at this POS:

image.jpeg

Comment

A bunch of Celicas in the seventies ripped off many Mustang design themes. For example, look at this POS:
                            I see it now.... never really 'saw' it before..... Interesting.

Thanks, Steve!

Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Wilke View Post

I see it now.... never really 'saw' it before..... Interesting.

Thanks, Steve!

Ryan

Interesting, I never noticed it before either, but by golly, there it is! There is no doubt where they got that body style idea from.
                              Rob Hetzler
                              M&M member since Oct 2000, #773
                              Roxboro Dragway 2011 Top ET champion

My Photo Page

Comment

Working...
                              X