Brought to you in part by:
Twelve Years!

Eighteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ooooo...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ryan Wilke View Post

While the topic is up for discussion - what is everyone's opinion/feelings regarding a non-FoMoCo-based scoop on a '69/'70 Mustang?

Such as a "Pro Stock" style...like this: https://www.amazon.com/Street-Scene-...ass+hood+scoop

Or a GM-based Cowl Induction style...like this: https://www.amazon.com/JEGS-Performa...ass+hood+scoop

Or the Thunderbolt-style 'tear drop' style...like this: https://www.amazon.com/Street-Scene-...ass+hood+scoop

There was a mustang at my local track with a cougar-style, wider hood scoop with a center finger support.... (Poo, I couldn't locate a pic of one for this post......but anyways) .... I thought it looked good on it.

Ryan
    I'm kind of partial to the cowl scoops myself.

Rob Hetzler
    M&M member since Oct 2000, #773
    Roxboro Dragway 2011 Top ET champion

My Photo Page

Comment

Originally posted by kid vishus View Post
      I'm kind of partial to the cowl scoops myself.

There is no doubt - KV, your '69 hot rod with the cowl scoop is one sweet-looking ride!

Ryan ​​​​​​​
      Quality means doing it right when no one is looking. - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Wilke View Post

Fred,
        What do you mean by that statement?

- Ryan

This surely looks like a "mini mach" to me ryan....

1970 Mach 1, my wife's first car purchased for $1800 in 1977. .30 over 351 Cleveland 4V FMX tranny. Best ET with 3:00 to 1 gears 13.9 @ 102 mph

Comment

I agree! Toyota totally copied the Mustang fastback lines. Even the tail lights screamed Mustang.
          Steve - M&M Member #690

'68 GT/CS California Special Candy Apple Red
          '90 Limited Edition Mustang LX 5.0 'vert (7-Up Car)

Member: Vancouver Island Mustangs Association; Owner 1990 Limited Edition Mustang Registry
          Steve's 1990 Limited Edition Convertible Website & Home of the 1990 Limited Edition Mustang Registry

Comment

I remember when I was working at a dealership in the late seventies and I got a RO to look over, assess and ready for the used car line a Toyota. I walked out expecting to see a Corolla or something like that and found the car was a beige Celica. My daily driver at the time was a maroon with black interior '70 fastback. (What we called them back in the day, nobody I knew ever called them Sportsroof) with a 302/C4. Sweet, sweet car. As I walked up to the beige tackymobile I remember thinking 'What in the hell is this? They totally ripped off the Mustang fastback!' It wasn't until months or years later that I read in magazines other people felt the same thing too. I approached it from the rear so the first thing I spotted were those taillights, these guys weren't even trying to hide the fact that they were copying the Mustang, in my opinion.
            '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '05 Sable LS
            My Mach's restoration progress
            My Sprint's restoration progress
            It is much more effective to teach people how to swim than to try to dry all the world oceans.

Comment

Working...
            X