Brought to you in part by:
Thirteen Years!

Eighteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fox Body Mustang Heaven

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fox Body Mustang Heaven

Today's Scottsdale Barrett-Jackson auction featured 18 of the FINEST Fox Body Mustangs Iíííve seen in one collection. Simply amazing there are people out there who could buy these cars.....and not drive and enjoy them.

An Ď86 SVO with 3k miles on it....and sold for $30k.
    An Ď88 McLaren had 15k miles and sold for $25k.
    A plain Jane Ď89 Mustang GT with radio delete and 7k miles sold for $25k.
    A Ď90 coupe 5 speed with 5k miles sold for......$30k!!
    A 7-Up automatic car, somebody got a steal at $22k.
    A beautiful Ď93 triple white convertible with 7k miles.......$41k!
    And finally? A beautiful Reef Blue 340 mile....YES, 340 miles!! Ď93 convertible went for $49,000!!!
    Last edited by submariner mustanger; 01-21-2018, 08:27 PM.
    M&M Member #91
    Ford Dealership Engine/Chassis Master Certified Technician
    US Navy submarine vet; Operation Iraqi Freedom vet..x 2...USAF Reserve...RETIRED, 26 total years

Current 2003 Azure Blue Mach 1. All My Past Mustangs:'84 GT-5 spd, my first; '91 GT-auto; '70 M-code Mach 1-grabber yellow; '95 GTS-5 spd, Pro-Charged, totaled; '95 GTS 5 spd, replacement; '89 LX 5.0 'vert-5 spd; '90 LX 5.0 hatch-5 spd; '69 M-code Mach 1-4 spd; '90 5.0 LX 'vert; '03 Mach 1-5 spd, '93 Mustang LX vert.

Thatís pretty cool. I hope the market for the Foxes stays strong and the demand for a good condition unmolested car can bring decent money. Makes me feel better for holding onto our 92 the past couple decades and taking up the valuable garage space. Lol
    79 Stang, full cage,mini-tubbed,396"W,G-Force G-101 4 spd,4.56's, tagged street/strip 10.28@129.3
    69 Stang Vert
    69 Stang Coupe
    92 Stang 5.0 LX
    other DD's

Comment

I'm glad somebody likes them, they are what really saved the Mustang line. Myself though, I had a 93 'vert, I never want another one. Most uncomfortable car I've ever owned.
      ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
      -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
      -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
      " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

Originally posted by ford84stepside View Post
        I'm glad somebody likes them, they are what really saved the Mustang line. Myself though, I had a 93 'vert, I never want another one. Most uncomfortable car I've ever owned.
        Iíve owned about a dozen Fox body Mustangs since my first one in Jan 1987.
        I donít have any pics, but my favorite one of all of them was a rather plain 1990 LX 5.0 5 speed hatch that I bought in 1996 after I totaled my 1995. Car was tight, clean, low miles and a blast to drive.
        M&M Member #91
        US Navy submarine vet; Operation Iraqi Freedom vet..x 2...USAF Reserve...RETIRED, 26 total years

Current 2003 Azure Blue Mach 1. All My Past Mustangs:'84 GT-5 spd, my first; '91 GT-auto; '70 M-code Mach 1-grabber yellow; '95 GTS-5 spd, Pro-Charged, totaled; '95 GTS 5 spd, replacement; '89 LX 5.0 'vert-5 spd; '90 LX 5.0 hatch-5 spd; '69 M-code Mach 1-4 spd; '90 5.0 LX 'vert; '03 Mach 1-5 spd, '93 Mustang LX vert.

Comment

Mine was a 93 'vert, 4cyl auto. It had decent power for a 4 cyl, but it rode tougher than both the Vette I had. It was a LX, and the seats had absolutely no support. And it was hard to get in or out unless the top was down. I loved the looks of it, but it soured me on Fox bodies.
          ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
          -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
          -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
          " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

Had a 91 5.0 LX hatchback that I traded in on my 90 7-Up Car. Both great cars!!
            Steve - M&M Member #690

'68 GT/CS California Special Candy Apple Red
            '90 Limited Edition Mustang LX 5.0 'vert (7-Up Car)

Member: Vancouver Island Mustangs Association; Owner 1990 Limited Edition Mustang Registry
            Steve's 1990 Limited Edition Convertible Website & Home of the 1990 Limited Edition Mustang Registry

Comment

I grew up (when I turned 16) smack dab in the middle of the Fox body years, so they will always have a special place for me.
              I own a 2003 right now and donít know if Iíll ever own another Fox body, but I still love them!
              Getting the itch for a 2007-2009 Shelby GT-500. Thatíll be my next car, so much bang for the buck with that car.
              M&M Member #91

Comment

Working...
              X