Brought to you in part by:
Twelve Years!

Eighteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2000 Front Bumper Cover Replacement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 Front Bumper Cover Replacement

I'm having to replace my front bumper cover and the new one didn't come with the two stud plates. The stud plate on the old one is riveted to the tabs on the inside of the bumper. Is that necessary for attaching then stud plate? Since it fits through the back of the tabs and secures the tabs to the body, wouldn't 3M double faced tape work to hold them in place?
    David G.
    1969 Mustang Sportsroof
    1998 Mustang V6 Coupe
    2002 Supercrew Lariat
    Mustangsandmore Member # 1964

Never having had one apart, it's hard for me to picture what you're talking about. Any way you can post some pics?
    M&M Member #91
    Ford Dealership Engine/Chassis Master Certified Technician
    US Navy submarine vet; Operation Iraqi Freedom vet..x 2...USAF Reserve...RETIRED, 26 total years

Current 2003 Azure Blue Mach 1. All My Past Mustangs:'84 GT-5 spd, my first; '91 GT-auto; '70 M-code Mach 1-grabber yellow; '95 GTS-5 spd, Pro-Charged, totaled; '95 GTS 5 spd, replacement; '89 LX 5.0 'vert-5 spd; '90 LX 5.0 hatch-5 spd; '69 M-code Mach 1-4 spd; '90 5.0 LX 'vert; '03 Mach 1-5 spd, '93 Mustang LX vert.

Comment

Here are two pics. The tabs fold over the top of the bracket and the bracket mounts to the lower front of the fender. My rivet gun doesn't have a die large enough for the required rivets. I'm hoping the double face tape method will work.
      David G.
      1969 Mustang Sportsroof
      1998 Mustang V6 Coupe
      2002 Supercrew Lariat
      Mustangsandmore Member # 1964

Comment

Working...
      X