Brought to you in part by:
Thirteen Years!

Nineteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero percent Chance of Rain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zero percent Chance of Rain

My boy had a lacrosse game on the eastern shore of MD Tuesday... 'bout a 90 minute drive from us. Weather was warmer (not warm, just warmer), so I checked the weather and it said, "Zero percent chance of rain". I decided that meant that the Saleen needed some exercise. Wouldn't you know as I get off the bay bridge, it starts raining?!?!

Took my son home with me after the game and he says, "your windshield wipers suck". I said, "well, if it weren't RAINING, you would have never known".

Still a fun trip to get that supercharger going.

It isn't an official project until you've bled on it!

M&M Member #33
    '66 Coupe C code
    '01 Saleen S281SC #648

been there & done that as the saying goes. I try not to get the coupe caught in a storm but as you stated that dang weather person loves to
    spring surprises on us car types !
    34 FORD coupe...Cleveland POWERED https://mustangsandmore.vbulletin.ne...ilies/cool.png

it`s nice to be important but it is more important to be nice.

Keith

Comment

At least you have wipers! Got caught in a summer drizzle one Saturday night in the Lincoln, had RainX on the windshield but it didn't do any good, water would just bunch up in drops and stay put instead of running off, plus no heat or defrost, and wouldn't you know it, it was so humid the inside fogged up. Had a heck of a time keeping it wiped off inside, had to drive slow because I couldn't see. Dang near had to stop every time I met a car, was glad there wasn't much traffic that night. When I got home, I was wet and exhausted!
      ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
      -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
      -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
      " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

my experience with RainX was ok, but you must follow the directions perfectly for it to work. however in a thunderstorm it was
        still to much rain to see safely through the windshield.
        Last edited by blue34; 04-10-2018, 05:57 AM. Reason: spelling
        34 FORD coupe...Cleveland POWERED https://mustangsandmore.vbulletin.ne...ilies/cool.png

it`s nice to be important but it is more important to be nice.

Keith

Comment

Why is RAIN one of my worst fears when it comes to driving my Mach 1...lol!
          Undoubtedly, itís because I spend soooo much time and effort wiping the car down (I still use the Kozak dry wash cloths http://www.kozak.com/ )that just the mere thought of the car getting wet from UNCLEAN splashed up roadway water, then having to REclean the car, keeps it in the garage.
          Probably one of the biggest reasons why my 2003 only has 47k miles.
          M&M Member #91
          Ford Dealership Engine/Chassis Master Certified Technician
          US Navy submarine vet; Operation Iraqi Freedom vet..x 2...USAF Reserve...RETIRED, 26 total years

Current 2003 Azure Blue Mach 1. All My Past Mustangs:'84 GT-5 spd, my first; '91 GT-auto; '70 M-code Mach 1-grabber yellow; '95 GTS-5 spd, Pro-Charged, totaled; '95 GTS 5 spd, replacement; '89 LX 5.0 'vert-5 spd; '90 LX 5.0 hatch-5 spd; '69 M-code Mach 1-4 spd; '90 5.0 LX 'vert; '03 Mach 1-5 spd, '93 Mustang LX vert.

Comment

I've used Rainx in the past on trucks with flat glass and it worked pretty good. Something about the airflow over that long hood and the angle of the glass on the Lincoln and it doesn't work. Still prefer wipers though.
            I don't care about getting my car wet, it's been wet a lot in it's lifetime. When I get new paint on it though I'll be singing a different tune. Rain is one thing, nasty road spray another....
            ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
            -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
            -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
            " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

I got some new wiper blades for my truck and picked up the RainX brand. I'd never used them before and I like them a lot. Wife now has them on hers too.
              It isn't an official project until you've bled on it!

M&M Member #33
              '66 Coupe C code
              '01 Saleen S281SC #648

Comment

Working...
              X