Brought to you in part by:
Thirteen Years!

Nineteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parking Brake bypass apply to these?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Brake bypass apply to these?

I broke down and bought a new double DIN Android Auto stereo for the Saleen. There are days when I don't take it because I know it'll be one of those days when my phone is blowing up during my commute, so it was time for hands free. I went to Crutchfield for it and got all the harnesses, etc, but I'm not wanting it to police me with the emergency brake. I'm just not sure if that even applies to a 2001? I'm looking at the wiring diagram, and there's no mention of a line for the parking brake. Thinking these are too old and I don't have to worry about it. Anyone know?
    It isn't an official project until you've bled on it!

M&M Member #33
    '66 Coupe C code
    '01 Saleen S281SC #648

I`m sorry Dave, I`m not much help with these newer cars & aftermarket parts for them.
    with that said, I dont think there is a connection for the parking brake ???

Keith
    34 FORD coupe...Cleveland POWERED https://mustangsandmore.vbulletin.ne...ilies/cool.png

it`s nice to be important but it is more important to be nice.

Keith

Comment

Is it a DVD player also? Im pretty sure the bypass is only needed to utilize the DVD function. If it is a DVD player and you are planning on watching it (while driving), then yes, youll need it. It simply tells the unit that yes, the parking brake is on, even though it isnt. Its an input that has to be there in order to utilize the DVD function. As for the hands free function, not sure youd need it for that part.
      I installed one on an older Focus a few years ago, no big deal really, and cheap. I only installed it because my girlfriend and I were driving to Florida that summer and I wanted to give here something to do on the long drive. Turned out we never used it anyway. Kind of a dumb idea watching movies or videos while driving (although I know OTR truckers do it ALL the time)
      M&M Member #91
      Ford Dealership Engine/Chassis Master Certified Technician
      US Navy submarine vet; Operation Iraqi Freedom vet..x 2...USAF Reserve...RETIRED, 26 total years

Current 2003 Azure Blue Mach 1. All My Past Mustangs:'84 GT-5 spd, my first; '91 GT-auto; '70 M-code Mach 1-grabber yellow; '95 GTS-5 spd, Pro-Charged, totaled; '95 GTS 5 spd, replacement; '89 LX 5.0 'vert-5 spd; '90 LX 5.0 hatch-5 spd; '69 M-code Mach 1-4 spd; '90 5.0 LX 'vert; '03 Mach 1-5 spd, '93 Mustang LX vert.

Comment

Originally posted by submariner mustanger View Post
        Kind of a dumb idea watching movies or videos while driving (although I know OTR truckers do it ALL the time)
        Must be different in your area of the country. I seldom see any truckers watching dvds. I know it does go on with some of the "supertrucker" young steering wheel holders. They are the lucky ones that haven't got caught or crashed yet.
        ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
        -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
        -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
        " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

No DVD. Just bluetooth. To be clear, I would not be watching videos driving. I just don't like being policed. Just trying to figure out how to connect all this. There is a wire that goes to the parking brake and one that goes to the reverse sensor (adding a rear camera). Really not sure how to hook them in. Guess I'll have to do some trial and error.

M&M Member #33
          '66 Coupe C code
          '01 Saleen S281SC #648

Comment

The documentation is not clear as to what the parking brake line blocks and doesn't block. I just fear I'm not going to bypass it, and then find it blocks something that I need while driving. Say, weather radar or something. I get annoyed with societies rules telling me what I can and can't do, but fully recognize that there are idiots out there that completely watch Netflix while driving. Kinda crazy. Here's your sign.....

M&M Member #33
            '66 Coupe C code
            '01 Saleen S281SC #648

Comment

You should be able to just leave the wires disconnected then if you're not going to be utilizing the DVD function of the unit. I have a Pioneer DVD player/radio in my '03 Mach 1 (for the touchscreen), and just left it disconnected. Doesn't affect the Bluetooth function at all.
              M&M Member #91
              Ford Dealership Engine/Chassis Master Certified Technician
              US Navy submarine vet; Operation Iraqi Freedom vet..x 2...USAF Reserve...RETIRED, 26 total years

Current 2003 Azure Blue Mach 1. All My Past Mustangs:'84 GT-5 spd, my first; '91 GT-auto; '70 M-code Mach 1-grabber yellow; '95 GTS-5 spd, Pro-Charged, totaled; '95 GTS 5 spd, replacement; '89 LX 5.0 'vert-5 spd; '90 LX 5.0 hatch-5 spd; '69 M-code Mach 1-4 spd; '90 5.0 LX 'vert; '03 Mach 1-5 spd, '93 Mustang LX vert.

Comment

To be clear, this unit has no DVD. It has some kind of multimedia lockout. I was looking at similar setups on you tube and they seem to indicate that you can just ground the parking brake wire. I think I'll start there.

M&M Member #33
                '66 Coupe C code
                '01 Saleen S281SC #648

Comment

Working...
                X