Back to the 5.8 Swap topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to the 5.8 Swap topic

Whats the easiest path to take to drop the 5.8 in a 94.. Is there a set of LT headers out there that don't take a lot of mods to work .. ? Also mounts and K frames and steering shafts ...

Well, they used to put 5.0 engines in those, so the 5.8 would bolt in in terms of mounts and bellhousing as long as you have the V8 K member. Remember the flywheel/flexplate for 5.8 is 28 ounce imbalance and the 5.0 is 50 ounce, so don’t get them mixed up. Headers for the 5.0 would work if you have the room for the extra inch deck height.
    '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '18 Edge SEL AWD

”Mercy for the guilty is cruelty to the innocent.” ~ Adam Smith

Comment

If they could put a 4.6 in those, the 351W ought to be easy.
      ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
      -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
      -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
      " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

The 351 swap is pretty easy for the 94/95 cars, especially if it started out as a 5.0. The same motor mounts and accessory brackets work. You just need a 351 lower intake manifold to match your upper intake, and a set of swap headers. There are a few shorty headers out there that are direct swap already built. Supposedly Accufab and Kooks can build a long tube for this application, if you call them. MAC and some others make Fox body 351 long tube headers, but I have heard they can be a pain to install due to interferences.
        Scott

1995 Mustang GT Coupe
        2008 Fusion

Comment

Just saw this post. A 351W is a dead drop in. Was building a 94 several years back. I still have the Accufab headers laying around. I converted to carb and used an Aeromotive fuel pump as I recall.
          69 Cougar Eliminator
          71 Pinto-289, auto-ex drag now on street
          63 Vette stingray

Comment

Working...
          X