Brought to you in part by:
Thirteen Years!

Nineteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

98 Gt Vert

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 98 Gt Vert

Called about a 98 Mustang GT triple black convertible today. 5 spd with new top and tires. 165K. Asking $6500. Scared to go and drive it though.
    David G.
    1969 Mustang Sportsroof
    1998 Mustang V6 Coupe
    2002 Supercrew Lariat
    Mustangsandmore Member # 1964

you would have to change your screen name!!!
    see you in a couple of weeks!!:beer: :beer:
    mike r
    racing is real
    everything else is just a game.
    73 mach 1 clone
    83 ltd wagon, street strip. 302
    81 capri-302-7.25 @93mph 1/8
    1.54 60ft 50 % of the fun dragracing is meeting people who will give you the shirt off their back to wipe the grease off your hands.
    M&M member #839 http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/mike470/adel2.jpg
    since nov. 2000

Comment

Originally posted by 69 Sportsroof View Post
      Called about a 98 Mustang GT triple black convertible today. 5 spd with new top and tires. 165K. Asking $6500. Scared to go and drive it though.

Dave they're fun cars! I love mine! Best newer bodystyle IMHO. Look forward to seeing you again soon!
      Luke
      For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
      62 Fairlane Sedan
      65 "C" Coupe 351W/C4
      98 Cobra Coupe

Comment

We've had a convertible in the drivway since 91,,life just wouldn't be the same without it.

I Love the SN95 bodies:banana:

Mustang Club of Tidewater

The 1968 Mustangs

"My great fear is that we've in fact been visited by intelligent aliens, but they chose not to make contact, on the conclusion that there's no sign of intelligent life on Earth"

Comment

Originally posted by capri man View Post
          you would have to change your screen name!!!
          see you in a couple of weeks!!
          Or add another one.

I'll be there alright. Can't wait!:banana: :beer:
          David G.
          1969 Mustang Sportsroof
          1998 Mustang V6 Coupe
          2002 Supercrew Lariat

Comment

Originally posted by Mooney View Post
            Dave they're fun cars! I love mine! Best newer bodystyle IMHO. Look forward to seeing you again soon!
            Originally posted by Sam View Post
            We've had a convertible in the drivway since 91,,life just wouldn't be the same without it.

I Love the SN95 bodies:banana:
            I've been wanting a vert for a long time. This is a one owner car as well. Seems like a good deal right now. Going to run the VIN and see what comes up on Carfax.

Hey Luke. The 16th should make for a good time. I'm ready!:beer:
            David G.
            1969 Mustang Sportsroof
            1998 Mustang V6 Coupe
            2002 Supercrew Lariat

Comment

So didja get it????
              Luke
              For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
              62 Fairlane Sedan
              65 "C" Coupe 351W/C4
              98 Cobra Coupe

Comment

That seems like alot of money for a car with that kind of mileage. Must be a clean one.
                M&M Member #91
                Ford Dealership Engine/Chassis Master Certified Technician
                US Navy submarine vet; Operation Iraqi Freedom vet..x 2...USAF Reserve...RETIRED, 26 total years

Current 2003 Azure Blue Mach 1. All My Past Mustangs:'84 GT-5 spd, my first; '91 GT-auto; '70 M-code Mach 1-grabber yellow; '95 GTS-5 spd, Pro-Charged, totaled; '95 GTS 5 spd, replacement; '89 LX 5.0 'vert-5 spd; '90 LX 5.0 hatch-5 spd; '69 M-code Mach 1-4 spd; '90 5.0 LX 'vert; '03 Mach 1-5 spd, '93 Mustang LX vert.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooney View Post
                  So didja get it????
                  Not yet but I did drive it. It runs and drives really well. Lots of power. The top works, the power seat works, etc. The only thing is is that it has a broken odometer but according to the Carfax report it only had 161k at the end of October and he's stating 165k now. There is a report of an accident and I can see where the damage occured. Bad repair job on passenger's fender. I'm keeping my eye on it. We'll see how it goes. I have to sell my 68 first and it's not running now waiting for a new carb from Pony Carburetors but there's quite a few folks interested in it. Hope to have that taken care of soon though.

Originally posted by submariner mustanger View Post
                  That seems like alot of money for a car with that kind of mileage. Must be a clean one.
                  NADA shows up to $8025 for the car with a deduction for the mileage. $6500 doesn't seem too bad of an asking price. With the glaring fender defect I'll probably offer $5900 and see what he says. Low retail is $5775. Heck, I may shoot that at him. It's been sitting there about a month now.
                  David G.
                  1969 Mustang Sportsroof
                  1998 Mustang V6 Coupe
                  2002 Supercrew Lariat

Comment

If you are in his shoes you have 2 options
                    1) sell it privatley - hope to get as much as possible
                    2) sell it as a trade-in at a dealer and get the shaft.

All you need to do is offer him more than #2 and he should bite. If low retail is 5700 you know hes not going to get near that offer from a dealer. Id start there and maybe youll meet in the middle near $6000. If I had to guess I bet hes only "expecting" to get the $6000 anyway.

By the way about Saturday:
                    I still have 1pm in mind. We dont have a sitter lined up like I thought so we'll have the baby with us. After eating we can come back to my house to relax, drink a beer/coffee or something. It doesnt seem fair to Mike to have him come all that way just to sit and eat a steak then go all the way home. So Ill clean up in the house and get some stuff in the fridge so we can make ourselves comfortable.
                    Phil Ball
                    68 mustang coupe
                    331 engine, AFR185 heads, comp270s cam, 650DP, Airgap manifold, C4 trans.

Comment

hey dont worry about me!! why did i think we were eating earlier than that??
                      mike r
                      racing is real
                      73 mach 1 clone
                      1.54 60ft 50 % of the fun dragracing is meeting people who will give you the shirt off their back to wipe the grease off your hands.
                      since nov. 2000

Comment

ok i went back and read the original post!! see yall about 12:30!!:banana:
                        mike r
                        racing is real
                        73 mach 1 clone
                        since nov. 2000

Comment

The word I had yesterday is that this class will last till after lunch. I'll give Phil a call when I get out if it's at a decent time and come down for a howdy.
                          They said the 4PM end time is worst case, maybe I'll get out by 2 or so.
                          But don't wait on me, this instructor must be on ludes, she talks soooo slooooow.
                          Formerly known as "ccode67" The Stang is gone, now the name is gone too.

Comment

Originally posted by 69 Sportsroof View Post
                            Not yet but I did drive it. It runs and drives really well. Lots of power. The top works, the power seat works, etc. The only thing is is that it has a broken odometer but according to the Carfax report it only had 161k at the end of October and he's stating 165k now. There is a report of an accident and I can see where the damage occured. Bad repair job on passenger's fender. I'm keeping my eye on it. We'll see how it goes. I have to sell my 68 first and it's not running now waiting for a new carb from Pony Carburetors but there's quite a few folks interested in it. Hope to have that taken care of soon though.

NADA shows up to $8025 for the car with a deduction for the mileage. $6500 doesn't seem too bad of an asking price. With the glaring fender defect I'll probably offer $5900 and see what he says. Low retail is $5775. Heck, I may shoot that at him. It's been sitting there about a month now.
                            Best of luck to you on the sale! Heck the guy I purchased the Cobra from was asking 8500-- ended up at 7200. After he said 8000 was FIRM. I think had I known a couple defects I've noticed since... could have kept going. But if you like it... then hell its all in the wash.

Caite and I shouldn't have any problem being there between 12-1. Looking forward to it! Need to take a glance at Mike's mugshot so I don't miss him!
                            Phil, if we're going to be at your place afterwards; want us to bring anything?
                            Luke
                            62 Fairlane Sedan
                            65 "C" Coupe 351W/C4
                            98 Cobra Coupe

Comment

No Luke, you dont have to bring anything. Unless you have some sort of odd taste in beer or something. I will get some Coors Light.

and dont worry about looking at Mikes Mugshot, you cant miss him, You can pick him out in a crowded room because youll be wondering why Santa Claus isnt back at the north pole making more toys for next Christmas.

Stuart, I will take my cell phone. By 2pm we will probably still be sitting around trying to get Mike to quit playing with his food and actually eat it....

You know Mike we only make fun because we like you so much :hammer:
                              Phil Ball
                              68 mustang coupe
                              331 engine, AFR185 heads, comp270s cam, 650DP, Airgap manifold, C4 trans.

Comment

Working...
                              X