Brought to you in part by:
Twelve Years!

Eighteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Richard Petty edition Mustang on sale .......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richard Petty edition Mustang on sale .......

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2015/...ntcmp=features
    34 FORD coupe...Cleveland POWERED

it`s nice to be important but it is more important to be nice.

Little to Easter Egg blue to me but pretty cool. Could be just the pic but looks to be much lighter than Grabber Blue.
    1965 Poppy Red Three Peddle Stang - Built Not Bought!
    2005 Torch Red Topless Three Peddle DD - 12 valve Monster

Current CI Count - 97

Comment

If that's s'pose to be petty blue someone put to much white in it..LOL..

Mustang Club of Tidewater

The 1968 Mustangs

"My great fear is that we've in fact been visited by intelligent aliens, but they chose not to make contact, on the conclusion that there's no sign of intelligent life on Earth"

Comment

Not feeling it, that car definitely needs a paint job.
        '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '05 Sable LS
        My Mach's restoration progress
        My Sprint's restoration progress
        "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Comment

My question is what does Richard Petty have to do with Ford racing history? He was known for Plymouth and Pontiac right?

Anyway it looks like Brian Johnson from AC/DC bought one.
          http://www.bizjournals.com/triad/new...ed-pettys.html
          Ron

Comment

I think Petty drove Fords in 69, and today Petty uses Fords

The end of the '68 season saw Richard finish third in NASCAR points. David Pearson took the Championship, his second. Pearson was not in a Dodge however, having left to go drive in the winning Fords.

On November 25, 1968, Richard Petty made a fateful announcement. He was not going to be driving Plymouths in 1969. He had accepted a deal with Ford to race their Torino. Chrysler fans were despondent, but Plymouth fans were prostrate in agony on the floor! The move caused regular Ford teams to wonder if they shared much of what they learned with the Pettys, would the Petty clan add their own formula and not share it with Ford? Then would they go on to perform their winning magic? Much grumbling resulted from the Petty decision to drive in the Ford camp, from other Ford teams.

http://www.allpar.com/racing/petty-plymouth-racing.html

Mustang Club of Tidewater

The 1968 Mustangs

"My great fear is that we've in fact been visited by intelligent aliens, but they chose not to make contact, on the conclusion that there's no sign of intelligent life on Earth"

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
              If that's s'pose to be petty blue someone put to much white in it..LOL..
              Yeah, for sure not the Petty blue I remember.
              ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
              -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
              -----2000 Expedition XLT 4.6----
              " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

Our local Ford dealer has been sitting on one for about a year. IIRC the MSRP was ridiculous, like $87K?

www.arundelford.com
                Some assembly required.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLaRiviere View Post
                  Not feeling it, that car definitely needs a paint job.
                  Same here, besides the fact when I think Richard Petty, I DON'T think Mustang.....or really even Ford for that matter.
                  M&M Member #91
                  Ford Dealership Engine/Chassis Master Certified Technician
                  US Navy submarine vet; Operation Iraqi Freedom vet..x 2...USAF Reserve...RETIRED, 26 total years

Current 2003 Azure Blue Mach 1. All My Past Mustangs:'84 GT-5 spd, my first; '91 GT-auto; '70 M-code Mach 1-grabber yellow; '95 GTS-5 spd, Pro-Charged, totaled; '95 GTS 5 spd, replacement; '89 LX 5.0 'vert-5 spd; '90 LX 5.0 hatch-5 spd; '69 M-code Mach 1-4 spd; '90 5.0 LX 'vert; '03 Mach 1-5 spd, '93 Mustang LX vert.

Comment

Working...
                  X