Brought to you in part by:
Twelve Years!

Eighteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I know a guy...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Although my car is lucky if it's half of that one, I'm a little biased on the color.

Rob Hetzler
    M&M member since Oct 2000, #773
    Roxboro Dragway 2011 Top ET champion

My Photo Page

Comment

Yeah, I have a friend that used to tell me it's hard to cry poverty when you got money. Same idea.

Comment

Nice yellow stang!!

Comment

Originally posted by kid vishus View Post
          Although my car is lucky if it's half of that one, I'm a little biased on the color.

That's a great looking car! How are you liking it so far?
          '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '05 Sable LS
          My Mach's restoration progress
          My Sprint's restoration progress
          I wish Americans wouldn't take advice on complex social issues from people that make their living from the talents they learned in kindergarten; singing, dancing, coloring, playing pretend, tossing balls, telling jokes...
          Pay attention to the people who think and highlight honesty.

Comment

Thanks.
            I love it. At this point, the only thing I wish was different is I wish it had the upgraded sound system. That's really it.
            I love the way it drives, handles, love the leather seats, it has enough power to get you in trouble with the law but still gets good gas mileage when you behave, etc. More power would be nice, but it's not required since it's my daily driver and would probably take away some of the mpg I like.
            Rob Hetzler

My Photo Page

Comment

My brother tells me when looking at Mustangs he tried the six and the Ecoboost and he was impressed at how powerful they both were, too. These sure aren't the old days, when if you got punished if you got the smaller engines. I think you made the perfect choice especially for your main goal of having a good everyday car. I'm debating if we should look at them when it's time for Pam's next car. The only thing I wonder about is how well they'd do in the snowy winters we have. I know they have traction control and all that but Pam is used to FWD cars, and the balance is much different with those and people get used to cars that pull you around as opposed to being pushed.
              I wish Americans wouldn't take advice on complex social issues from people that make their living from the talents they learned in kindergarten; singing, dancing, coloring, playing pretend, tossing balls, telling jokes...

Comment

Power wise I think the v6 and ecoboost are about equal. I think the ecoboost is quicker because of where it makes it's power. I do know they dont offer the v6 in a performance package, and that was one of my checklist items. 310 hp, a 3.55 gear, 33 mpg on the interstate? Man, that's tuff to beat.
                I'm not sure how well either would do in slick stuff, and I dont plan to find out. I fully plan to drive my Lightning most of this winter.
                Rob Hetzler

My Photo Page

Comment

John came over yesterday and showed me the goodies Ford has been sending him to thank him for the purchase of his Shelby.

The first shipment was a fancy box with the special oil filter the 5.2L uses and a tool to change it with. The tool is pretty cool, it's made out of pretty sturdy metal, appears to be powder coated a nice charcoal color and fits the filter tightly. It has the car's series number on it along with the VIN engraved on the tool. It came in a sturdy box with a magnetic catch.

image.jpeg

The second shipment was a owner's kit with a thank you letter, a DVD of the history of Shelby, a really nice print suitable for framing showing a modern GT-350 in front and an original GT-350 in the background, all sorts of literature pertaining to the car, and a one day track pass where he can either bring his own car or use one of Ford's cars to learn how to get the most out of the car's handling and performance capabilities. It also came with a desktop model of the flat crankshaft and a explanation of it's benefits, it sits on a base with v-blocks so the metal crank model can rotate, and it also has the car's chassis number. Cool stuff!

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Comment

That's cool stuff right there.
                    Rob Hetzler

My Photo Page

Comment

Damn, I am YELLOW with ENVY !!
                      Eddie "D"
                      '70 Sports Roof, 351 W, 13.1 @ 107: Maple Grove.
                      "The deadliest weapon in the world is a U.S. Marine and his rifle." Quote by General John J. Pershing U.S. Army.
                      M&M Member #339.

Comment

Working...
                      X