Brought to you in part by:
Thirteen Years!

Nineteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A new member of the family...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new member of the family...

My brother Mike just surprised the heck out of everybody by buying a new 2016 Mustang GT. It's an automatic, and it has the blackout package. (Wheels, emblems, etc) Both he and his wife love it. I haven't seen it in person yet, they just picked it up yesterday and his wife took it to work today.

Counting kid vishus, my friend John, and Mike, that makes three new Mustangs that people I know have bought in the last couple months.

image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '05 Sable LS
    My Mach's restoration progress
    My Sprint's restoration progress
    ”Mercy for the guilty is cruelty to the innocent.” ~ Adam Smith

I like that color !
    34 FORD coupe...Cleveland POWERED

it`s nice to be important but it is more important to be nice.

Comment

Bad ass!!
      M&M Member #91
      Ford Dealership Engine/Chassis Master Certified Technician
      US Navy submarine vet; Operation Iraqi Freedom vet..x 2...USAF Reserve...RETIRED, 26 total years

Current 2003 Azure Blue Mach 1. All My Past Mustangs:'84 GT-5 spd, my first; '91 GT-auto; '70 M-code Mach 1-grabber yellow; '95 GTS-5 spd, Pro-Charged, totaled; '95 GTS 5 spd, replacement; '89 LX 5.0 'vert-5 spd; '90 LX 5.0 hatch-5 spd; '69 M-code Mach 1-4 spd; '90 5.0 LX 'vert; '03 Mach 1-5 spd, '93 Mustang LX vert.

Comment

Just needs some shiny wheels and it'd be perfect!
        ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
        -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
        -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
        " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

I guess you'll be able to borrow it, won't you. You bro's are tight, right?
          Phil
          Friends are like wedgies..They know your inner self..They're intimately close..And it feels great when you pick out a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by ford84stepside View Post
            Just needs some shiny wheels and it'd be perfect!
            I still think somehow we are related Bobby. I too like a LITTLE bling, and do prefer shiny wheels also ............. but .................. that car is BEAUTIFUL !! I have to admit I am green with envy.
            I love red 'pony' cars but that blue is GORGEOUS !! Two white "LeMans" stripes (in honor of Carol Shelby) would top it off.
            Steve, I wish you could add my name to the 'New Mustang Buyer Club', but unfortunately the $$$ makes that out of the question.

Good Luck MIKE !!!! I know that you and your wife will have years of enjoyment out of that beautiful Mustang !! Congrats !!
            Eddie "D"
            '70 Sports Roof, 351 W, 13.1 @ 107: Maple Grove.
            "The deadliest weapon in the world is a U.S. Marine and his rifle." Quote by General John J. Pershing U.S. Army.
            M&M Member #339.

Comment

Mike would have preferred different wheels too, but he was buying off the lot and it was a great deal, and after spending that much and enduring the abusive government aftershock of getting it registered I don't think he'll be shopping for wheels for some time.

Comment

Originally posted by OLE_FORD_TECH View Post
                I guess you'll be able to borrow it, won't you. You bro's are tight, right?
                He's seen how I treat cars with horsepower so that probably won't happen, but he did say I can look at it when he brings it around.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLaRiviere View Post
                  Mike would have preferred different wheels too, but he was buying off the lot and it was a great deal, and after spending that much and enduring the abusive government aftershock of getting it registered I don't think he'll be shopping for wheels for some time.
                  You mean they hit ya'll on new vehicles? The first tag here isn't bad, about $30 since you just paid sales tax, but when you renew, they hammer you! Depending on what they value it at, it can be quite expensive.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

That is sweet!!!

Mustang Club of Tidewater

The 1968 Mustangs

"My great fear is that we've in fact been visited by intelligent aliens, but they chose not to make contact, on the conclusion that there's no sign of intelligent life on Earth"

Comment

Originally posted by ford84stepside View Post

You mean they hit ya'll on new vehicles? The first tag here isn't bad, about $30 since you just paid sales tax, but when you renew, they hammer you! Depending on what they value it at, it can be quite expensive.
                      Big time, I've bought decent cars for what he had to pay for his registration.

Comment

Wow. I don't see why anybody would want to {or could afford to} buy new there. If you pay sales tax when you buy here, that's it. If you buy out of state from anybody or if you buy instate from an individual and no sales tax is paid, you pay the sales tax when you register it. I can't see paying sales tax + a big registration fee. Guess that's why our state is always broke or so they say....

Comment

He bought it in Massachusetts so he had to pay Maine sales tax and excise tax, which is real expensive around here, they even maximize how much they charge you for excise tax by basing it on total listed MSRP, regardless of if you got a great deal by buying year end leftovers like he did. That's a recent trick of theirs, they used to base it on what you actually paid for it.

I take it you don't pay excise tax where you are?

Comment

No excise taxes that I know of Steve. State sales tax, school tax, county tax, and city tax if you live in a city limits. It can be a hit if you buy out of state like that, they charge the State and local sales taxes on the amount you paid. I bought one vehicle out of state like that years ago, said I wouldn't make that mistake again. It was only about a hundred back then on the one I bought, but when you only brought home about $150 a week, it was a killer!

My tags on my 1999 pickup and 2000 Expedition run about $30 a year each, total. They are about a cheap as you can get, they are at the bottom of the value charts now.

Comment

I can't believe this excise tax and registration costs ... In PA you pay 6% sales tax and a small fee to transfer your license tag. After that, renewing your registration is (I think) $36.00 a year.
                              I didn't know we were that lucky here.
                              Eddie "D"
                              '70 Sports Roof, 351 W, 13.1 @ 107: Maple Grove.
                              "The deadliest weapon in the world is a U.S. Marine and his rifle." Quote by General John J. Pershing U.S. Army.
                              M&M Member #339.

Comment

Working...
                              X