Brought to you in part by:
Twelve Years!

Eighteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mustang Summit Meeting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mustang Summit Meeting

We had a good time yesterday when my brother Mike and our friend John and our respective spouses got together to look over and compare&contrast their new GT and Shelby Mustangs. It was interesting to note how different they are, for example from the windshield forward the front end sheet metal is different on the Shelby, designed to provide a lower and more aerodynamic profile. It was also cool to see Mike and his wife Julie sit in the driver's seat of the Shelby and feel how much tighter it's Recaro seats held them in place. Very fun time.

image.jpegimage.jpeg
    '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '05 Sable LS
    My Mach's restoration progress
    My Sprint's restoration progress
    "Never offer advice. Wise men don't need it, and fools won't heed it." ~ author unknown

You know, the tail end of those have began to grow on me, but I'm still not in love with the front as much. I just don't care for the headlights that much. And I'll never like the black wheels, but I guess a lot of folks do.

You ought to have lined up the Mach 1 beside or between them to show the similarities between them.
    ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
    -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
    -----2000 Expedition XLT 4.6----
    " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

I think the whole body looks nice. You know it's a Mustang the first millisecond you see it. The interior looks nice enough to live in, and I just can't get over the fact that you can get a car with 435 hp that gives you 24.5 mpg if you drive it easy, Mike even briefly saw 26+ mph at some point while they were on a long cruise.
      "Never offer advice. Wise men don't need it, and fools won't heed it." ~ author unknown

Comment

I was critical when they first came out, but I guess the more I see of them, the better they look. It seems like when a new design of anything comes out, all you see are the ugly ones, then later you start seeing some that look better. Or it could just be I'm getting old and like old stuff better than new!

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

I bet the engine sounds between the two where eye opening as well. Gotta love that flat plane crank!
          1965 Poppy Red Three Peddle - Built Not Bought!
          347 Stock Block Pump Gas Street /Strip 10.49 @ 125.35

2005 Torch Red Topless Three Peddle - 12 valve Monster
          244 Stock Block Pump Gas Street /Street Much Slower

Current CI Count - 97

Comment

I like both of the, the lines are clean, no more sharp angles, more throwback to the SN95 with 21st Century styling.

Mustang Club of Tidewater

The 1968 Mustangs

"My great fear is that we've in fact been visited by intelligent aliens, but they chose not to make contact, on the conclusion that there's no sign of intelligent life on Earth"

Comment

Thanks for posting! it was nice to see them together.

When these first came out, I didn't like them. It was an early judgement because we only had press releases and internet picks to look at. The first real sightings were about six months after the official release. Once I was able to inspect one up close and see the build quality did my opinion change.

The car drives like a dream. I think it handles well. My experience may be slanted for I am used to trucks and SUVs. It does a rear hop occasionally when you go over an expansion joint or manhole cover just right. There's a lot more rear squat on a spirited take off than I am used to. That may be because of the available power.

As of right now with about 1k miles on the car (IN TWO WEEKS!) my only complaints are I'd like a little bigger fuel tank for more range. I'll get about 350 miles before I'm nearing E on a 16 gallon tank. I also think These cars should come with a spare tire and jack. Some of us can still change them ! LOL
              Some assembly required.

Comment

Oh my, no spare or jack? Is it optional now? I know tire technology has improved a lot in the last 10 years and flats don't happen much anymore, but dang, I'd hate to have to call somebody to bring me a tire or worse yet a roll back to take me to a tire store.

Comment

Yeah,it's an extra cost option. I see them on Ebay for good prices. If we use this car the way we want, we will be In upstate NY or BC Canada. There is no cell service in those areas and the next service can be hours away. They do give you a small electric pump and a can of sealer! I will get one for long trips. Maybe they do it to lighten the car for CAFE standards?
                  Some assembly required.

Comment

You're probably onto something there. That's about 75-80 lbs you wouldn't have to haul around, so in theory, better gas mileage.

Comment

Got to ride in my brother's GT today. Very impressive! It's funny how it's just like my '70 yet totally different at the same time.

Comment

I love how mine drives, and am always surprised at how well it rides even with the Performance Package. I dont know what Ford did, but I love how flat the car stays when under hard braking. Gone are the days of the tail way up in the air like a scared cat when you are trying to stop hard.
                        Rob Hetzler
                        M&M member since Oct 2000, #773
                        Roxboro Dragway 2011 Top ET champion

My Photo Page

Comment

Working...
                        X