Brought to you in part by:
Twelve Years!

Eighteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everyone remember the 727hp Mustang for under $40k??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everyone remember the 727hp Mustang for under $40k??

The same dealer is offering a 550hp Mustang using the Ecoboost four cyl for under $33k !!!
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/ohio-ford...180444981.html
    Mark C ~
    M&M member #332
    1965 coupe - owned since '79
    1970 Mach 1 T-5 (export Mustang) - owned since '86
    http://mustangsandmore.com/memberpages/70MachT5.html
    "My '65 coupe is going back together"
    ./___ ___ ___ \.
    (]]]_ _ O _ __[[[)
    \_ o _ ___ _ o _/
    |___| ...... |___|

That would be fun right until the motor broke. An extra 240 hp is a lot to ask out of stock internals.
    Rob Hetzler
    M&M member since Oct 2000, #773
    Roxboro Dragway 2011 Top ET champion

My Photo Page

Comment

Originally posted by kid vishus View Post
      That would be fun right until the motor broke. An extra 240 hp is a lot to ask out of stock internals.
      My thoughts exactly. I don't know the internal strength of this engine, it might take the extra 240 HP for a while, depending on how you drive it. But when it blows, it will blow big. Then you've got a $33000 paper weight or yard ornament.
      I guess if you have plenty of money for toys, it would be a fun one to have. I'll never know....
      ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
      -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
      -----2000 Expedition XLT 4.6----
      " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

There is a reason the Ford Racing tune that is still covered by warranty doesnt add anywhere near that much power. The Ford tune adds 100 hp at 6000 rpm and an average of 40 hp gain from 2500-5000. It only adds 25 hp peak gain though, and 335 hp is a long ways from 550.
        Rob Hetzler
        M&M member since Oct 2000, #773
        Roxboro Dragway 2011 Top ET champion

My Photo Page

Comment

Working...
        X