Brought to you in part by:
Twelve Years!

Eighteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

68 Cougar restoration journey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Steve, if you're still out there - I was enjoying this thread. Any updates?

Comment

Unfortunately my lack of posts is because of lack of progress. Summer seems to have slowed things down. I'm hoping to get back at it before too long. My budget is also in a bit of a hold pattern due to another automotive possibility. As it stands now, I bought a bunch of cans of POR-15 Top Coat and have done a bit of painting on some of the engine compartment. it's not enough to take a picture of yet, but it's a start. I ended up pulling the headliner out and will be replacing it with a black one. From what I've seen, that might be a little tricky. Most of the interior painting is done, but I'll need to do some touch up work. Other things in the near future will be some more welding to close the cowl back up and some work on the shock towers. I appreciate your interest, and will start posting again (using Flickr instead of Photobucket) once I start getting noticeable progress done again. I usually drop by this website every few days to see progress that other people are making on their cars. It's a good motivator to continue with what I started. At this point my goal is still to have it running by it's 50th birthday, which will be sometime around January 30, 2018 (according to the door tag).
      68 Cougar - 289, 4-speed
      '08 Mustang Bullitt #4492
      Previous Mustangs - '98 Cobra convertible, 87 GT

Comment

I missed your post on the steering wheel pad restoration, that came out great!
        '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '05 Sable LS
        My Mach's restoration progress
        My Sprint's restoration progress
        I wish Americans wouldn't take advice on complex social issues from people that make their living from the talents they learned in kindergarten; singing, dancing, coloring, playing pretend, tossing balls, telling jokes...
        Pay attention to the people who think and highlight honesty.

Comment

Working...
        X