Brought to you in part by:
Thirteen Years!

Eighteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

68 Cougar restoration journey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Birthday!

This is on the underside of the rear decklid and shows the original Augusta Green color. It's one of few parts I've seen on the car that wasn't made in Detroit.
    68 Cougar - 289, 4-speed
    '08 Mustang Bullitt #4492
    Previous Mustangs - '98 Cobra convertible, 87 GT

Comment

In honor of it's 50th birthday yesterday, here's as good as the car ever looked in the last 30 years:

This was taken in about 1995 just a few years after it got a paint job. I've actually spent the last couple of days out in the garage continuing my work on it. It's been mostly scraping off undercoating, but I found some rust right around where the rear bumper bolts on, so I'm starting to tear into that and get some new sheetmetal in it.
      68 Cougar - 289, 4-speed

Comment

The scraping process is coming along. My Harbor Freight heat gun gave up and I had to get another one. Here's a sample of the underside:

I'm still working on getting rust out of the back end of the car. There's some old body work that's going to have to stay for now, but I did replace a little sheetmetal on the trunk drop down panel.

I still need to do a little more grinding and add a hole for the backup light wiring. I'm not going to spend too much more time on it, as it's under the car and the entire panel will eventually get replaced when I put new quarter panels on it.
        68 Cougar - 289, 4-speed

Comment

Working...
        X