Brought to you in part by:
Thirteen Years!

Nineteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

68 Cougar restoration journey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I decided to start working on the headliner replacement today, so I took both the front and rear glass out. I managed to get them removed without doing any damage to the glass. Hopefully I can say the same when it comes time to reinstall it. I've got a bit of work to do before then, though. Here's a picture of the back glass out and the package tray removed. This is the last bit of original paint that has never seen the light of day since it was built 50 years ago.

68 Cougar - 289, 4-speed
    '08 Mustang Bullitt #4492
    Previous Mustangs - '98 Cobra convertible, 87 GT

Comment

• I got the headliner in place, but haven't put any of the accessories (sun visors, etc.) back in. Here's what it looks like:

As you can see, it's not perfect. I don't think it turned out too bad, though. My thought is that it's easy to install, but hard to get perfect. I still need to run the heat gun over a few spots to get some more wrinkles out. I have a lot of respect for anyone that has the skills to install one of these and make it look factory.
      68 Cougar - 289, 4-speed
      '08 Mustang Bullitt #4492
      Previous Mustangs - '98 Cobra convertible, 87 GT

Comment

• your headliner looks great ! keep at it .....
        34 FORD coupe...Cleveland POWERED

it`s nice to be important but it is more important to be nice.

Comment

Working...
        X