Brought to you in part by:
Thirteen Years!

Nineteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A couple of more puzzle pieces

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We now have an exhaust system!

Started eyeballing where the pipe needed to go, wouldn't you know it, the wishbone was in the way. I figured it would be better to go under instead of over it, the suspension will move up more times than it drops. Funny how the right side dropped outside of the bone, left side dropped right in the middle of it. Anyway, got my two 90* elbows, pointed one straight out and the other straight back, added 24" straight section, viola, we now have exhaust! Still need to pick up one more band clamp to join the elbows so it can be disassembled if the motor has to come back out. Ordered plugs and wires last night. Still have trans linkage to build, cooler to install, driveshaft to build, fan, belt, some sending units and some wiring to finish. A couple of hours here and there, some more moolah, and maybe I'll have her going by mid summer.

DSCF1021 by Bobby Atkins, on Flickr
    DSCF1020 by Bobby Atkins, on Flickr
    DSCF1019 by Bobby Atkins, on Flickr
    ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
    -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
    -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
    " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

After all that you must have been exhausted...
      '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '05 Sable LS
      My Mach's restoration progress
      My Sprint's restoration progress
      ”Mercy for the guilty is cruelty to the innocent.” ~ Adam Smith

Comment

Yeah, makes you use the old noggin. If I was a better welder, I would have made a 45 out of a 90 and ran it higher up and over. But I'm a better grinder, so this is what I ended up with.....

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

Well, I screwed up. Ordered my plugs and wires from Rock Auto, actually had three items, and while trying to make sure they all shipped from the same warehouse, I ordered the wrong plugs. I ordered Autolite 45's, forgetting they were the 13/16" hex instead of the 5/8" peanut plugs. I was checking the recommended gap, which was right for my points ignition, and didn't think about the size. I think I was looking at a 72 Mustang for reference, I was thinking they changed the size of the plugs in 1970, but apparently not. Guess I'll just get a set of the big gap 5/8" plugs for the 92 engine and close them up. Not exactly what I wanted to do, I'd rather have a 5/8" small gap plug.

Comment

Working...
          X