Brought to you in part by:
Twelve Years!

Eighteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

23 t-bucket all ford baby

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ford84stepside View Post
    Nice T! Love the MT's on the back, every T needs those. I want to build a 27 T or 29 A roadster one of these days if I can get the other stuff squared away.
    They are great tires good grip and look right for the car ! We have to run them at 10psi when racing or tractions sucks! And around town at 18-20 or it's way to bouncy . As for building one just do it , lots of fun and like our was done a very tight budget . Everything is home made and garage fabercated . It's no show car but we have won many undercontruction thorphys that's fine with us. Not saying they are the most practical car or fastest car but as for cool factor goes they are hard to bet. Every one from
    kids to bikers other hot rodders or just mom and pop in their Buick love the car . We just installed seat warmers this winter . Hey it's cold here at night and some days too!
    M&M #1240
    Apr 2001
    Ron

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLaRiviere View Post

Sounds like a nicely sorted out combo, good job!
      Well I learned form the best all of you on the site ! Build what you want how you want it don't over do it and you'll always be happiest . Thanks
      M&M #1240
      Apr 2001
      Ron

Comment

My favorite story , I know I post a lot ok so what , one of my associates at work a young guy 20 years old. Is into imports he is constantly upgrading his wrx fun car not my thing. I'm always helping with it either from advice to hands on. Took he for a ride recently in the 23 t I'm sure I just converted him to the ways of American muscle ! His face was priceless
        M&M #1240
        Apr 2001
        Ron

Comment

Originally posted by Fastymz View Post
          who else has had the good luck of driving or riding in a 23 t-Bucket. I was lucky enough to build and enjoy one with my dad . It was a dream of ours and we made it happen ! It all started with two tailed literarily . Crazy how fast and fun the car is . Open air all motor and tires . We truly built it all in our garage . He drives it when ever he can putting over 8000 miles on it over serveral years now. We race it all we can too! If you ever have a chance to ride in one don't pass it up.
          Ron,, I have 3 friends with one .. They look scary to me.. The steering wheel coming out from the floor. and not much protection around ya.
          Jim Soderberg

70 Mach 1
          Arest-me-red paint
          351W 4sp ,4bbl,Hooker sup-comp, magnaflow stainless

Comment

Sodi, that one looks like the steering comes through the firewall, so it'd be OK. I wouldn't want to drive one with the "bus" style steering straight up through the floor, either. A sudden stop would be tough on the boys, straddling the column like that!
            ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
            -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
            -----2000 Expedition XLT 4.6----
            " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

Originally posted by sodi View Post

Ron,, I have 3 friends with one .. They look scary to me.. The steering wheel coming out from the floor. and not much protection around ya.
              Scary ? Well I've riden and raced sport bikes since I was 15 been over 187mph on a motorcycle so the bucket doesn't seem scary ! No protection at all, We did make the seat lower so you sit down more in it. And yes the street is threw the firewall much better driving position and feel! Also master cylinder is in the fire wall unlike most that are under the body. Looks different and took a long time to design the steering system ! Actually the steering box might be the only non ford item it's from a corvair
              Last edited by Fastymz; 04-28-2017, 06:28 PM.
              M&M #1240
              Apr 2001
              Ron

Comment

Originally posted by ford84stepside View Post
                Sodi, that one looks like the steering comes through the firewall, so it'd be OK. I wouldn't want to drive one with the "bus" style steering straight up through the floor, either. A sudden stop would be tough on the boys, straddling the column like that!
                The things stop fast too! Massive front disc and rear drums. So we made it monitory every one wears a seat belt! Btw it handles very well too takes comers like a slot car lol
                M&M #1240
                Apr 2001
                Ron

Comment

Working...
                X