Brought to you in part by:
Thirteen Years!

Nineteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

68 Cougar restoration journey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome!
    '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '18 Edge SEL AWD

My Mach's restoration progress
    My Sprint's restoration progress
    ”Mercy for the guilty is cruelty to the innocent.” ~ Adam Smith

Comment

• It was 30 years ago this evening that my dad and I got my Cougar running for the first time. We were frantically trying to get it running for my 16th birthday. We managed to get it running sometime after midnight, so my first legal (non-restricted license) drive was in this car. I pulled it out tonight and checked a few things over before I take it for a front end alignment tomorrow afternoon.

68 Cougar - 289, 4-speed
      '08 Mustang Bullitt #4492
      Previous Mustangs - '98 Cobra convertible, 87 GT

Comment

• Cool history, cool memory, cool picture, cool car.

I regrettably drug my feet for years before getting the caster taken care of on my '68 - it would want to dart around a bit, but I took care of that and now it drives like a dream.

Keep up the good work.

Comment

• Thanks. I got the car aligned today, and while they put everything within their specs, I'm not convinced (based on some reading) that it's really ideal for my radial tire setup. It'll be good enough for now. I'll do more research the next time I get it aligned and take in my own measurements. I did manage to take it out and got a few more shots of it somewhere other than my driveway. Here's a few:

68 Cougar - 289, 4-speed

Comment

• again, I like it !

Keith
            34 FORD coupe...Cleveland POWERED https://mustangsandmore.vbulletin.ne...ilies/cool.png

it`s nice to be important but it is more important to be nice.

Keith

Comment

• Thanks!

I made a trip to Tulsa, OK for a Cougar show this past weekend, but ended up taking the Mustang instead of the Cougar. They had a small swap meet, so I went over to take a look. Both of my front fenders need quite a bit of work and I've had plans to just replace them with some nice '67 fenders that I latched on to a number of years ago. When I got over there I could see someone had a pair of '68 fenders that were actually pretty nice. I ended up making a deal with him, and fortunately a friend of mine from Tulsa was able to fit them in the back of his Jeep and is storing them at his place until I can get there with a vehicle with more room to make the trip home. They'll need a bit of massaging, but overall they're pretty straight and have no rust-through. It should be fairly easy to make them look nice when I get around to redoing the body.

One interesting thing is that the date codes on them are really close to what the rest of my car is. One of them is a "correct" date code and the other is about a week too late. Not that it matters, but it's still kind of neat.
              68 Cougar - 289, 4-speed

Comment

• You can’t beat original in good condition. Great score.
                '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '18 Edge SEL AWD

My Mach's restoration progress
                My Sprint's restoration progress
                ”Mercy for the guilty is cruelty to the innocent.” ~ Adam Smith

Comment

Working...
                X