Brought to you in part by:
Thirteen Years!

Nineteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

67 Tiger

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 67 Tiger

This one is going to auction near me this August, I wonder what it will go for? I know it will be out of my budget.

https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2018/0...ad/?refer=news
    '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '05 Sable LS
    My Mach's restoration progress
    My Sprint's restoration progress
    ”Mercy for the guilty is cruelty to the innocent.” ~ Adam Smith

I like that & would not mind having one.....
    34 FORD coupe...Cleveland POWERED

it`s nice to be important but it is more important to be nice.

Comment

They look pretty little....... do you think a 'big guy' would be comfortable in one?

I know a Pantera is sweet, but even their foot pedals are too small and close for me to drive without being preoccupied with foot placement.......

Ryan
      Quality means doing it right when no one is looking. - Henry Ford

Comment

I think even small guys would feel them snug, from the ones I have seen at car shows. They have been getting crazy money at auctions lately, some have called them a poor mans Cobra.

Comment

Wow, and to think I didn't buy one 40 years ago for $800! It was a 289 car, being sold by a college guy going to law school at Alabama. He had just bought a new Corvette IIRC. I couldn't drive it very well, my size 13 feet would hit the clutch and brake at the same time! Back then, there were loads of sports cars on the campus, and they sold cheap when the owner moved up to the next rung. I did end up buying a VW Bug for $500, it wouldn't crank without rolling it off. Ended up being the key switch was sticking, sprayed it with WD40 and never had anymore problems cranking it.
          Now the campus is full of Jap crap, Hondas, Toyotas, Mazdas, etc. The Professors drive Caddys and Lincolns and Lexus instead of sports cars.
          ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
          -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
          -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
          " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

I hear you. Some time I should tell you about how I passed up a ‘69 Boss 429 for $1000.

Comment

Jamming big engines in little & light cars !!! A very large "COOL FACTOR" !!! The 260/289 Shelby jammed into an AC Bristol British sports car. Then the 260/289 into the Sunbeam Alpine, and a few years ago, somebody was "shoe-horning" FOMOCO 5.0's (302's) in the Mazda Miata... All three of them must have been some DANGEROUS fun !!

Originally posted by ford84stepside View Post
              Wow, and to think I didn't buy one 40 years ago for $800! It was a 289 car, being sold by a college guy going to law school at Alabama.

Originally posted by SteveLaRiviere View Post
              I hear you. Some time I should tell you about how I passed up a ‘69 Boss 429 for $1000.
              Geezz guys, When I look back at my life, and all of the "COULDA, SHOULDA, WOULDA" things I either passed on, or sold a few years before they were worth a 'TON of MONEY',I'd be a rich man today.
              I was in my late teens and early 20's during the glory days of the American Muscle Cars. I'd guess roughly 1964 to about 1971 or '72. (Don't 'flame' me if I'm off a year or two... nothing personal)
              MSRP's in the low to mid $3,000 dollars for brand new big V-8's in the new "PONY" cars like the Mustang, Camaro, Challenger, and even the AMX. Or bigger sedan type cars with Big Block Engines like the Roadrunner, Charger, Torino/Fairlane, Malibu, Impala.... and I'm sure I missed a few.

Then there were the guns I SHOULD have bought for a $100 or less, or maybe, a few bucks more, 40 years ago, that are now worth a fortune. Guns I sold (LEGALLY) for "chump change" that (AGAIN) are now worth a fortune.

Ahhh a One + acre building lot my wife and I bought at the South Jersey Shore before I retired (to build our dream house on) for when I DID retire, and sold almost immediately, when plans changed as a result of a job opportunity I just could not turn down.
              That lot sold recently in the low SIX FIGURE's ...

Like you guys, I try like hell not to look back. But it seems there are frequent reminders of things in our past, that were NOT mistakes then, but looking back with the advantage of HINDSIGHT, sure look like mistakes, or at least missed opportunities today.

And those are JUST the monetary mistakes I made. If I start calculating and thinking about the...........just 'plain old' mistakes I've made in my 71 years and 11 months on this Earth, I would probably have called Doctor Kovorkian's 800 phone number (if he was still alive) and ask for the 'suicide machine.'

"COULDA, WOULDA , SHOULDA !!!"

Eddie "D"
              '70 Sports Roof, 351 W, 13.1 @ 107: Maple Grove.
              "The deadliest weapon in the world is a U.S. Marine and his rifle." Quote by General John J. Pershing U.S. Army.
              M&M Member #339.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLaRiviere View Post
                Dang! I passed up a Hemi Challenger for $2500, didn't have enough money. 66 or67 427 Vette with both tops,$4500,,again, no money. Both are worth 6 figures today.
                If we only had of had a crystal ball back then.....
                ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
                -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
                -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
                " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

Originally posted by ford84stepside View Post

Dang! I passed up a Hemi Challenger for $2500, didn't have enough money. 66 or67 427 Vette with both tops,$4500,,again, no money. Both are worth 6 figures today.
                  If we only had of had a crystal ball back then.....
                  Where is that time machine when you need one?

Comment

Working...
                  X