Brought to you in part by:
Twelve Years!

Eighteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F100 + Crown Vic = Cool

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F100 + Crown Vic = Cool

This is a cool project!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLG...&v=RDy8c_nICl8
    '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '05 Sable LS
    My Mach's restoration progress
    My Sprint's restoration progress
    "Never offer advice. Wise men don't need it, and fools won't heed it." ~ author unknown

What an interesting project idea.

Comment

I had thoughts of buying a cop car and pulling guts and feathers and transplanting it all into my 47 Lincoln. Couldn't do a frame swap without a lot of cutting, the Lincoln frame is welded to the body like a unibody. I woke up though, realizing how much I hate computer controlled engines and transmissions and all that goes with them. Would be nice to have a 4.6 in it, but all that computer stuff is above my pay grade.......
      ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
      -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
      -----2000 Expedition XLT 4.6----
      " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

If I was up to another project, this would be it. I even looked on craigslist and some guy around here has a 2010 police CV with 84k miles for $3500. Add a $10k truck and you'd have a state of the art driver for under $15k.
        "Never offer advice. Wise men don't need it, and fools won't heed it." ~ author unknown

Comment

Here's an article I found about this project that shows more details:

http://www.hotrod.com/articles/swap-...4&sf65850424=1

Comment

Very cool, Hot Rod Garage is pretty good. Can't wait for the next episode where they finish it.
            1965 Poppy Red Three Peddle Stang - Built Not Bought!
            2005 Torch Red Topless Three Peddle DD - 12 valve Monster

Current CI Count - 97

Comment

They FINALLY released part two of the project. What a cool truck.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLG...&v=xX1mjS7Gjys

Comment

The new Car Craft magazine (July) has a two part series on this conversion, it has a tiny bit more detail on it. They promise to go into detail on the bed and fuel tank modifications in the next part.

I've been watching YouTube videos of other conversions other people have been doing, this has been catching on quite a bit. If I didn't have so many other irons in the fire...

Comment

I hear ya Steve. More time in the day would be perfect. There is a Towncar sitting across from our shop I can have for almost nothing with a great running 4.6 and I have a rust free 59 F3 at home that would be fun to convert. If there was just 48 hours in a day, lol.

Going to check out a '65 IH Scout in a couple hours. I secretly hope he wants to much for it. Other wise I'll end up dragging it home for the collection of never ending projects.
                  1965 Poppy Red Three Peddle Stang - Built Not Bought!
                  2005 Torch Red Topless Three Peddle DD - 12 valve Monster

Current CI Count - 97

Comment

Why do they always screw up the beds in so called "shop trucks"? A flat bed is essential if you ever need to haul anything bigger than a few grocery bags. Don't think I would have been running it that hard on that road, mountain on one side, cliff on the other.......bigger balls than I have!
                    When you figure in all the new wiring, computers, and suspension components, this low buck swap ends up getting pretty pricey. Guess I'm just too pessimistic, cool truck, but I'd just stuck a bigger motor in it and called it good. Still, if ya got the bucks {unlimited sponsors bucks for advertising}, a pretty neat project.
                    ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
                    -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
                    -----2000 Expedition XLT 4.6----
                    " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

Working...
                    X