Brought to you in part by:
Thirteen Years!

Nineteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replacment Expedition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacment Expedition

As I noted in my other thread, our 2000 Expedition got rear ended and the insurance company decided to total it instead of repairing it. All it needed was a rear hatch door, right tail light, and rear bumper, but at 18 years old, they figured it was cheaper to just pay us off, which was OK by us since we were going to replace it probably next spring anyway. So the search began, we looked at a few last weekend, called about several, came close on one but couldn't cut a deal. Then last week, a friend of the wife's sent her a link to one on Facebook Marketplace, something I had never heard of. It's kinda like Craigslist, lots of stuff posted. Anyway, wife called about one, again, too many miles, so we kept looking. She was showing me the Facebook Marketplace, and I noticed a ad that was only 6 hours old, looked like what we wanted, so she called about it. We went to look at it Thursday afternoon, ended up buying it, or should say stole it! Got it way less than NADA retail! SCORE!!!

2005 Expedition, Eddie Bauer edition, loaded. Sunroof, leather, premium stereo, power everything, only 125,000 original miles! Little wear on steering wheel and a slight seam rip on the drivers seat, one headlight is cloudy, and will need tires before long, otherwise in excellent condition. Hope the 5.4 lasts as well as the 4.6 did in our 2000 model. It drives like a dream with the IRS, no body roll, which is surprising for a vehicle this large, it takes curves like the Firebird! If this one is as good as the 2000 was, it will serve us several years. Best part is we got it without having to go into more debt! Here's a few pics:

DSCF0876 by Bobby Atkins, on Flickr
    DSCF0875 by Bobby Atkins, on Flickr
    DSCF0877 by Bobby Atkins, on Flickr
    ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
    -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
    -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
    " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

nice score,congratulations Bobby ! hope it lasts & lasts
    34 FORD coupe...Cleveland POWERED

it`s nice to be important but it is more important to be nice.

Comment

Sounds like a good deal, We love our 2002 Mountaineer....

Comment

I hope it lasts and lasts too! We love the extra width of the Expedition over the Explorer/Mountaineer, with the GS car seat in the middle, an adult can comfortably sit on either side of him, not so in the others. We had a 93 Explorer when our kids were in their teens, we loved it, we wore it out. As I've gotten older though, I like a full sized vehicle much better. We neither one have to drive to a job, so we can trade the lesser fuel mileage for more room and comfort. No more small vehicles for me. If she had of been in a small car or suv when she got rear ended the other day, she probably would have gotten hurt real bad.
        ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
        -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
        -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
        " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

Working...
        X