Brought to you in part by:
Thirteen Years!

Nineteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm mad as a hornet......at myself!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm mad as a hornet......at myself!

Did something stupid today that I've never done before. Had the pickup in the back yard jumping off one of my riding mowers. Went to move it, had to back between two trees or between a tree and a stump, went for between the trees as that was how I pulled it in there. I forgot that I had moved it once already, looked into my side mirror, spotted the big tree and started backing up, then WHAM! I thought I was farther to the left than I was, just about centered the smaller tree. Worse thing about it was my tailgate was down. It folded up like a wet paper towel. Huge dent in the top, forced the plastic handle out, warped it enough it won't shut, probably couldn't get it open if it did shut. Looked around on eBay and craigslist, plenty of styleside gates, no flareside ones, not even new. Can't even find a listing on google for a replacement. Looks like it's going to be hard to find one. Going to check with my insurance, but figure it might be cheaper to just find a used one somewhere, if I can. May try to call a few yards next week and see what they have. Don't care about the color, I'm going to repaint the top and hood this fall anyway, painting a tailgate won't take much more work.
    ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
    -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
    -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
    " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

it happens, bites big time but it happens. I wouldnt use the insurance , your rates will go up.
    34 FORD coupe...Cleveland POWERED https://mustangsandmore.vbulletin.ne...ilies/cool.png

it`s nice to be important but it is more important to be nice.

Keith

Comment

Are you referring to your '99 F150?
      I would suggest you place a ISO on M&Ms classifieds and your local Craigslist.....

Ryan
      Quality means doing it right when no one is looking. - Henry Ford

Comment

Here's what not paying attention will cost you
        DSCF1061 by Bobby Atkins, on Flickr

DSCF1063 by Bobby Atkins, on Flickr
        DSCF1062 by Bobby Atkins, on Flickr
        DSCF1064 by Bobby Atkins, on Flickr

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

last one
          DSCF1065 by Bobby Atkins, on Flickr

Comment

Damn, that stinks, Bobby. Don’t beat yourself up too bad, mistakes happen. I worked with a guy that totaled two of his cars at the same time in his own driveway. He was cleaning out his interior and his wife wanted him to move his car so she could get out of the driveway and he forgot he left his passenger door open and while backing out quickly he hit his wife’s car bending his door back and raking down the side of his wife’s car. Neither car had enough value to justify fixing so Monday morning they went shopping for two cars.
            '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '05 Sable LS
            My Mach's restoration progress
            My Sprint's restoration progress
            ”Mercy for the guilty is cruelty to the innocent.” ~ Adam Smith

Comment

"The only guy that doesn't make any mistakes is the guy that isn't doing ANYTHING!"

Hopefully, you will come across one for a fair deal, Bobby........ Wishin' ya luck!

Ryan
              Quality means doing it right when no one is looking. - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Wilke View Post
                "The only guy that doesn't make any mistakes is the guy that isn't doing ANYTHING!"

Hopefully, you will come across one for a fair deal, Bobby........ Wishin' ya luck!

Ryan
                Well said! We've all made mistakes, just be glad nobody was hurt.
                It isn't an official project until you've bled on it!

M&M Member #33
                '66 Coupe C code
                '01 Saleen S281SC #648

Comment

It's just ironic, I can back a 48' trailer into a dock and have 3" on each side left, but back straight up in a pickup into a tree!

That's what being out in this heat will do to you, you lose your sense of judgment after a while.

Comment

If it makes you feel better, I once watched a documentary on the Kalahari desert in Africa and they showed a tree that is the only upright thing in the middle of this vast grassland and it had marks all over the trunk where Jeeps have hit it over the years. Usually the snake that bites you isn’t the one you’re keeping your eyes on.
                    '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '05 Sable LS
                    My Mach's restoration progress
                    My Sprint's restoration progress
                    ”Mercy for the guilty is cruelty to the innocent.” ~ Adam Smith

Comment

Working...
                    X