Brought to you in part by:
Thirteen Years!

Nineteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 Ranger

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 Ranger

has anyone seen one yet ?
    a buddy came back from a visit to California & said there are some there, I havent seen one here much less advertised !

https://www.ford.com/trucks/ranger/

Keith
    34 FORD coupe...Cleveland POWERED https://mustangsandmore.vbulletin.ne...ilies/cool.png

it`s nice to be important but it is more important to be nice.

Keith

Keith, I have not seen one yet, I have started to get e-mails from Ford about pre-ordering one, but when I priced it for a 4x4 extd cab & adding $2425 in options, running boards, FX4 off road pkg, & trailer towing pkg price comes to $35,560.
    Mike & Robin Grentus
    69 Mustang Coupe (project & future toy)
    08 Escape 4X4 (spare)
    00 Ranger Extd Cab 4X4 (my DD)
    99 Explorer Sport (wife's DD)
    14 Kawasaki Vulcan (wife's toy)
    M&M Member #- 890
    MCA #- 4549
    My 69 Coupe build album
    http://www.newyorkmustangs.com/forum...cs-t15096.html

Comment

I have heard that while it’s new in the US, they have sold a version of this truck in Mexico for a while now, and people in California are used to seeing them.
      '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '18 Edge SEL AWD

My Mach's restoration progress
      My Sprint's restoration progress
      ”Mercy for the guilty is cruelty to the innocent.” ~ Adam Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Mike65 View Post
        Keith, I have not seen one yet, I have started to get e-mails from Ford about pre-ordering one, but when I priced it for a 4x4 extd cab & adding $2425 in options, running boards, FX4 off road pkg, & trailer towing pkg price comes to $35,560.
        $35,560! I can see I'll never buy a new one. If I was going to pay that much, I'd rather have a F150, but that same spec on them would be around $50,000!
        No way in hell I'm going to pay more for a vehicle than I did for my house.....unless it's a semi truck that will pay for itself by working it.
        ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
        -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
        -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
        " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

Originally posted by Mike65 View Post
          I agree with Bobby on this.
          now that I am retired there is no way I would spend that kind of money on a new vehicle.
          even if I was still working I would not spend that kind of money on any new car or truck !
          when the time comes I will be looking at used cars & trucks.

Keith
          34 FORD coupe...Cleveland POWERED https://mustangsandmore.vbulletin.ne...ilies/cool.png

Keith

Comment

I overheard a guy talking the other day about his new GMC 1/2 ton 4wd he got at a "bargain"....$800 a MONTH for 96 months! Lets see, that's 8 years of payments, I didn't know they went that long. That's $76,000 in just PAYMENTS, no telling what he paid down to get that.
            Let's put this in perspective----a brand new Peterbuilt 389 road tractor, decked out, will cost about $150,000, or about double that guys payments, and 5 years is the max anybody will go [60 months]. A five year old truck, same spec, would go around $80,000. But either one of those trucks could possibly make $200,000 a year gross for their owners, $1,000,000 in that 5 years time, while the GMC is going to be costing it's owner. That 5 year old Peterbilt could pay for itself and the GMC, which to me is a much better investment.

I got out of the new vehicle market in the 1980's. My last new purchase was a 1987 Pontiac Sunbird, the cheapest car they sold, and it was a struggle to pay for. I came to realize that used vehicles lasted me just as long at 1/2 the money. I'm glad somebody buys new, I'll buy their throw aways. I decided I like eating and doing other things more than I did driving around in a new vehicle and making huge payments.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

Originally posted by blue34 View Post

I agree with Bobby on this.
              now that I am retired there is no way I would spend that kind of money on a new vehicle.
              even if I was still working I would not spend that kind of money on any new car or truck !
              when the time comes I will be looking at used cars & trucks.

Keith
              Keith, I agree with you & Bobby $35,560 is a lot to spend on a new truck especially when my 2000 Ranger is paid for & running well. I have one more year of full time work. When I hit 62 I am going to start collecting SS & work a few hours part time a week. The last new truck I purchased was in 1996 I leased a new Ranger 4x4 & then purchased it after the lease was up, & in 1999 when we purchased a 1999 Explorer Sport 2 door for my wife. We have been purchasing used vehicles since then, & if we happen to need another it will be used also.
              Mike & Robin Grentus
              69 Mustang Coupe (project & future toy)
              08 Escape 4X4 (spare)
              00 Ranger Extd Cab 4X4 (my DD)
              99 Explorer Sport (wife's DD)
              14 Kawasaki Vulcan (wife's toy)
              M&M Member #- 890
              MCA #- 4549
              My 69 Coupe build album
              http://www.newyorkmustangs.com/forum...cs-t15096.html

Comment

I saw one at the KC car show last year. They're significantly larger than what everyone here would consider a Ranger. It's probably at least as big as the Dakotas were. Very nice looking, but not a small economy vehicle anymore. A friend of mine works for Ford and there were pictures of an Australian Ranger in his driveway a couple of years ago. He said that is essentially what it is, except for some things to localize it to the US.
                68 Cougar - 289, 4-speed
                '08 Mustang Bullitt #4492
                Previous Mustangs - '98 Cobra convertible, 87 GT

Comment

Here’s a review of one.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-mWgU2CxiE4
                  '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '18 Edge SEL AWD

My Mach's restoration progress
                  My Sprint's restoration progress
                  ”Mercy for the guilty is cruelty to the innocent.” ~ Adam Smith

Comment

I like the styling, but no V6 and only a automatic transmission spoils it. I guess there is so many people now that can’t drive a manual trans is the reason.
                    I dunno, for just a few dollars more you could get a F150 with a V6 or V8, but still no manual trans. I won’t rush out and buy one, but would drive one proudly if somebody gave me one.

Comment

Way to damn big! I love the small size and maneuverability of the original trucks including the one I now DD. May as well buy a F150 instead. I agree with Bobby, needs a stick as well.
                      1965 Poppy Red Three Peddle Gear Banger
                      347 Stock Block Pump Gas Street/Strip 10.44 @ 125.97 Old Combo
                      363 Dart Block Pump Gas Street/Strip - 10.11 @ 133.17 so far

2005 Torch Red Topless Three Peddle 12 valve Monster
                      244 Stock Block Pump Gas Street /Street Much Slower

Current CI Count - 104

Comment

Originally posted by Poppy65 View Post
                        Way to damn big! I love the small size and maneuverability of the original trucks including the one I now DD. May as well buy a F150 instead. I agree with Bobby, needs a stick as well.
                        this ^

although I would need an automatic for the dozen times a year the wife or kids borrow my truck.

Keith

Keith

Comment

One thing I forgot to mention was all the electronic junk on the dash. I’d much rather have a simple panel with real gauges over the computer stuff. This is supposed to be a truck, not a luxury car! Trucks need to be tough, I doubt all that electronic gollbygook would hold up well in real hard use. Eliminate all that junk and go simple, have the option for a manual trans, and offer a V6, I bet they could get the price down $10,000 just by doing away with the electronic dash.

Comment

again, I am with Bobby. there is way to much "clutter" offered with today`s trucks/vehicles.
                            I want good gas mileage,performance, sound system,climate control, 4 x 4 and RELIABILITY...... that is it !

to many distractions when people should be AWARE of their vehicle & driving !
                            I guess I am showing my age..........

Keith

Keith

Comment

I agree with you guys on the needless electronics in the dash but can see why Ford and the other manufacturers have them. Almost all of the stuff is tied into the sensors the vehicle already uses for engine/drivetrain management and the rest are cheap to implement. More people care more about electronic gadgets in their car than how much power the engine makes.

I know you guys have ran into this situation before.......Family member/ friend buys new car. Everyone pops the doors open to check out all of the neat crap it came with. You go up the new owner asking...what size engine?.. Dunno......4 banger/V6/V8?... Wut?.......Time to pop the hood to see what really matters, lol
                              1965 Poppy Red Three Peddle Gear Banger
                              347 Stock Block Pump Gas Street/Strip 10.44 @ 125.97 Old Combo
                              363 Dart Block Pump Gas Street/Strip - 10.11 @ 133.17 so far

2005 Torch Red Topless Three Peddle 12 valve Monster
                              244 Stock Block Pump Gas Street /Street Much Slower

Current CI Count - 104

Comment

Working...
                              X