Brought to you by:

Twenty Years!
The best source of parts, bar none!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new brakes for my truck

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new brakes for my truck

in the beginning of December I changed oil & filter on my Ranger. after I finished I looked over everything & noticed the front pads were getting thin.
    one day last week it was a bit warmer so I stopped and picked up new pads & went after it. all was well until the driver side caliper would not come off.
    the front caliper guide pin/bolt was rusted fast.....
    I removed the caliper bracket and soaked the pin with liquid wrench to finally get it free. walked to the local Autozone for new guide pins & found the protective
    boot is NOT offered. I wanted the boots as one of them looked in rough shape.

what is wrong with the parts replacement industry !!!!!

with the winter brine solution used here in PA....... everything ROTS !

parts, especially rubber parts do not last forever !

I had the truck undercoated the same week I bought it back in 04 and with that brine on the roads, about all the undercoating is gone.
    over 168,000 miles on the ticker & hoping for that much more from the truck. just not sure if it will go that far with the junk they put on the roads.

any way, I cleaned the holes for the guide pins, lubed the new pins & used the old boots.
    the truck runs & stops good again.

sorry for the rambling ....just had to vent...............

Keith
    34 FORD coupe...Cleveland POWERED https://mustangsandmore.vbulletin.ne...ilies/cool.png

it`s nice to be important but it is more important to be nice.

Keith

Like these Keith? https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo...427947&jsn=485
    Rock auto has them for $7.75
    ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
    -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
    -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
    " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

that is it ! what the hell, Autozone does not have those !!!!!
      thanks Bobby .

Keith
      34 FORD coupe...Cleveland POWERED https://mustangsandmore.vbulletin.ne...ilies/cool.png

it`s nice to be important but it is more important to be nice.

Keith

Comment

Thatís why I donít go to Autozone. Iíve never had much luck with them. I usually check Advance and OReillys websites first, then if Iím not in a hurry I go to RockAuto. I used to go to NAPA, but they sold out to a guy I never did like too much, then his son took over the store and it got worse than Autozone. If I need something from NAPA I order it online and ship it to the house so I donít have to deal with the local idiots.
        ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
        -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
        -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
        " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

Working...
        X