Brought to you by:

Twenty Years!
The best source of parts, bar none!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Engine work on my L-9000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang it Marc, I humbly apologize for missing this. Glad you got 'er back together OK.

The "medium sized" farming outfit I work for had about 15 tractors and 20 trucks when I started in '05. Now we have 83 trucks and over 50 tractors, 3 graders, 2 dozers, 3 backhoes, 3 trackhoes, 5 skidsteer loaders, 8 front end loaders, a paddle scraper, and I'm not sure how many forklifts and pickups. I mainly work on the trucks and pretty much take care of all the dirt working stuff. Makes for long days and I haven't been around much.

Should anybody happen across this thread, Marc is absolutely right about putting the transmission in high range / high gear and holding the clutch while pulling it down the highway.

If the countershafts aren't turning, the main shaft isn't oiling. If for whatever reason you can't pull the driveshaft, two or three miles would be OK in neutral without the engine running, in high range. NEVER leave one in low range / neutral and pull it at highway speeds, it'll fry it in a matter of minutes.
    Rick

BBF powered '23 Gas Altered

"You'd be a fool to not rock on".

Comment

Hey Rick, thanks for checking in, sorry we've been missing each other. I'm still rolling, after some more head work, and might have still some more in front of me. It's been quite a year. More details when I have time, probably this coming weekend.
      Marc

88 L-9000 tri-axle dump
      71 F-250 4x2
      88 F-150 4X2

Comment

Working...
      X