Brought to you by:

Twenty Years!
The best source of parts, bar none!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rear Camera Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Camera Question

I have a 2010 F150 Lariat Crew cab. I absolutely love this truck. I am having an issue related to the rear camera that I would like to resolve, but could use some advice/guidance. It started such that once in a while, when you put it in reverse, the camera would be slow to come on, or glitch out leaving me a black screen. Annoying, but didn't happen that often. This progressed until it would only work about 50/50. When it does work, the picture is perfect, which tells me it's not the camera. Even when it doesn't work, it does toggle the screen to just be black (no image), so I don't think it's the switch. It's now at the point that it probably works 1% of the time, effectively leaving me without a backup camera. My current working theory is that there is a connector in there somewhere that has corroded, which would explain the progression of the symptom. However, I have no idea where to look for the connector, or what I'm looking for. I'm thinking a soft wire brush and some dielectric grease, assuming I can find it? Any idea where this connector might be? Agree with my approach once found? TIA
    It isn't an official project until you've bled on it!

M&M Member #33
    '66 Coupe C code
    '01 Saleen S281SC #648

There should be one between the tailgate and bed, so the tailgate can be removed. I’d start with that one. Should cone out the bottom middle of the tailgate and go through a hole in the support on bed.
    1968 Fastback
    90 5.0 HO
    T-5
    Modern leather buckets
    Front Disc
    2001 Bullit Green

Comment

I watched a youtube video on this issue. Apparently the cameras Ford uses are notorious for having a 4-5 year lifespan. Also, when you open the Ford Emblem that they are housed in, they break. They've since updated that part to not break, but I have that to do too. Connector is inside the emblem, but based on what I'm reading the camera itself is likely the issue.
      It isn't an official project until you've bled on it!

M&M Member #33
      '66 Coupe C code
      '01 Saleen S281SC #648

Comment

Working...
      X