Brought to you in part by:
Thirteen Years!

Nineteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gotta hand it to Dodge.......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotta hand it to Dodge.......

I wish Ford and Chebby would quit building these stupid "track day" versions of the Mustang and Camaro and go back to what made them huge sellers in the first place. Simple fun and fast cars that are easy to modify into your dream ride. Dodge (FCA) is the only company sticking to huge HP at a modest price point and it shows at the track. I counted 5 Hellcats and two Demons at the track last weekend. Aside from the SS cars, there where more new Dodges than modern Mustangs and Camaro's combined. Even cooler, there was a white Jeep Trackhawk. Those things are amazing. It was within two tenths of the Hellcats. Amazing family truckster for sure.
    1965 Poppy Red Three Peddle Gear Banger
    347 Stock Block Pump Gas Street/Strip 10.44 @ 125.97 Old Combo
    363 Dart Block Pump Gas Street/Strip - 10.11 @ 133.17 so far

2005 Torch Red Topless Three Peddle 12 valve Monster
    244 Stock Block Pump Gas Street /Street Much Slower

Current CI Count - 103

I agree. IMHO Dodge currently has the best retro look going for it with the Challenger body style. Heck, I could go for a new Foxbody 5.0 out the Dealers door for around 17k. Lol Yeah, Im old.
    79 Stang, full cage,mini-tubbed,396"W,G-Force G-101 4 spd,4.71’s, tagged street/strip 10.282@130.86
    69 Stang Vert
    69 Stang Coupe
    92 Stang 5.0 LX
    other DD's

Comment

Originally posted by Tater351C View Post
      I agree. IMHO Dodge currently has the best retro look going for it with the Challenger body style. Heck, I could go for a new Foxbody 5.0 out the Dealers door for around 17k. Lol Yeah, Im old.
      Yeah, I have the hots for a Challenger. Drove my brother's and would be quite happy with one when my beater dies.
      Dennis

65' STANG Street/Strip

434W NA, Victor Heads, Super Vic Intake, Bullet SR, Braswell Carb, 11.2:1, Gforce 4 Spd, 4:33, 93 Octane Pump Gas pushing 3550lbs. 9.91@135.56

Comment

Although I do like the way the Challenger looks, I still think the S550 Mustang is the best looking retro style out there.
        Rob Hetzler
        M&M member since Oct 2000, #773
        Roxboro Dragway 2011 Top ET champion

My Photo Page

Comment

When it comes to retro style, I am still partial to the S197. Although my ex owned one when we were married and I absolutely hated that car due to quality, the styling was definitely there.

Rick Stevens
          Billet Fluid Line Clamps: www.lsbilletworks.com

- FFR Mark III Cobra Replica (aka Rayne)
          - 68 Mustang Coupe - drag car under construction
          - 2012 F250 Powerstroke

Comment

Dodge has some good styling, but they still have those god awful electronics and wiring problems. Every MoPar I've owned had some kind of electrical issue.
            ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
            -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
            -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
            " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

Originally posted by ford84stepside View Post
              Dodge has some good styling, but they still have those god awful electronics and wiring problems. Every MoPar I've owned had some kind of electrical issue.
              I spoke with a guy a while ago that works at a Dodge dealership, and guess what, their wiring systems are still disasters.
              '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '18 Edge SEL AWD

My Mach's restoration progress
              My Sprint's restoration progress
              Mercy for the guilty is cruelty to the innocent. ~ Adam Smith

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLaRiviere View Post

I spoke with a guy a while ago that works at a Dodge dealership, and guess what, their wiring systems are still disasters.
                I had a friend back in the 70's that had a 440 Road Runner. That thing ATE alternators monthly! He finally changed it over to a Delco internal regulator, never had an alternator problem again. Same car also ate brake light switches, again a Delco part, for a Chevy pickup no less, solved his problem.
                I think Chrysler must have owned stock in British firm Lucas Electronics, they are well know as "The Prince of Darkness" because they are so bad!
                ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
                -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
                -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
                " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

Working...
                X