Brought to you by:

Twenty Years!
The best source of parts, bar none!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

George Bailey's Dodge!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Bailey's Dodge!

Ran across this yesterday. Cool that the car still exists.

https://www.hagerty.com/articles-vid...rn6DWy4CTTTZyQ
    ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
    -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
    -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
    " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

That’s cool. I wonder if they ever got that driver’s door fixed.
    '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '18 Edge SEL AWD

My Mach's restoration progress
    My Sprint's restoration progress
    ”Mercy for the guilty is cruelty to the innocent.” ~ Adam Smith

Comment

Who’s George Bailey?
      1965 Poppy Red Three Peddle Gear Banger
      347 Stock Block Pump Gas Street/Strip 10.44 @ 125.97 Old Combo
      363 Dart Block Pump Gas Street/Strip - 10.11 @ 133.17 so far

2005 Torch Red Topless Three Peddle 12 valve Monster
      244 Stock Block Pump Gas Street /Street Much Slower

Current CI Count - 104

Comment

Originally posted by Poppy65 View Post
        Who’s George Bailey?
        You're kidding, right? George Bailey, played by the great Jimmy Stewart, is the central character in the movie "It's a wonderful life", arguably one of the best Christmas movies ever made.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

I watched that movie last night. A classic.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLaRiviere View Post
            I watched that movie last night. A classic.
            I did too! I found the uncut, 3hour black and white version last night again. Sooooo much better than the 2 hour cut version . Some channel called FOLK played it back to back, I caught the 7-10 showing. If you have seen the 3 hr version as many times as I have, you can pick out the scenes they cut for the 2 hr version.

Comment

Originally posted by ford84stepside View Post

You're kidding, right? George Bailey, played by the great Jimmy Stewart, is the central character in the movie "It's a wonderful life", arguably one of the best Christmas movies ever made.
              Never saw it but pretty sure I've heard of it. Besides the animated greats like Charlie Brown, Rudolph and the Grinch, the oldest Christmas movies I've seen is A Christmas Story. Family favorite.
              1965 Poppy Red Three Peddle Gear Banger
              347 Stock Block Pump Gas Street/Strip 10.44 @ 125.97 Old Combo
              363 Dart Block Pump Gas Street/Strip - 10.11 @ 133.17 so far

2005 Torch Red Topless Three Peddle 12 valve Monster
              244 Stock Block Pump Gas Street /Street Much Slower

Current CI Count - 104

Comment

Oh man, Poppy you don't know what you're missing! It's a Wonderful Life and the original Miracle on 34th Street are two GREAT movies everybody should see! There's just something about the 1930's and 1940's movies in black and white that is so different than the crap put out today. Times were simpler then, people still had respect, and knew how to dress! And another plus is all the old [ fairly new then] vehicles in action! The street scenes are awesome. The later remakes just don't have the same appeal.

Comment

Originally posted by ford84stepside View Post

I did too! I found the uncut, 3hour black and white version last night again. Sooooo much better than the 2 hour cut version . Some channel called FOLK played it back to back, I caught the 7-10 showing. If you have seen the 3 hr version as many times as I have, you can pick out the scenes they cut for the 2 hr version.
                  The one I watched ran from 8-11 on NBC, although it had plenty of commercial breaks. Is there a three hour uncut version? I’d love to see that, it’s my favorite Christmas movie.

Comment

When NBC acquired the rights to the movie and started broadcasting it, it was cut from the original close to 3 hours to just a little over 2, still played in the 3 hour time frame to allow for extra commercials. The version I watched the other night had a few commercials, nowhere near as many as NBC plays though. I'd say actual run time was probably 2:45 more or less. It used to be open rights and everybody played it in full, then through some dealing NBC got full control of it somehow. I was surprised to see the full uncut version being played again, probably been 8-10 years since I'd seen it.

We have been watching a lot of old b&w shows lately---Gunsmoke, Laramie, Have Gun will travel, The Saint, Peter Gunn, Wanted Dead or Alive, Red Skeleton, Dragnet, etc. Most of them have been from early 50's to early 60's before some of them went to color. I'm finally enjoying watching TV again, seeing some programs that I'd heard of but never seen because they were on before I was born, and seeing younger versions of actors. Really fun when I can pick out a voice I know from listening to Radio Classics on XM and putting a face with it. Got to watch a Route 66 the other afternoon, always had heard of it, but never seen it before....

Comment

Working...
                    X