Phoenix Graphics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoenix Graphics

I bought a new set of graphics for the Firebird from Phoenix Graphics. They match exactly the tired originals in size and color. If they go on as good as they look, they are really going to set the old bird off. I used one of those rubber eraser wheels in a ac drill to get the old ones off, it only took about 30 minutes. Tried it in my cordless drill first, but it didn’t have enough rpm. It worked, but was way too slow. They have graphics for about everything, just like factory decals. Going to try and get them on Saturday, I’ll try to put up some pics of how they turn out and how hard they are to put on.
    ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
    -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
    -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
    " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Can’t wait to see when you’re done....but I gotta ask....are you not intimidated by the sheer size of that decal, and doing it yourself? I’ve seen videos on YouTube and such of folks redoing the firebird emblems, and getting that thing set, wrinkle free, then getting the air bubbles out is no easy task due to the size of the decal. Good luck with it!!!
    Regarding the eraser wheel, I’ve used those when I was a tech, ususlly to remove the tape and glue from letters when I had to reinstall them for whatever reason. Super cool invention!!
    M&M Member #91
    Ford Dealership Engine/Chassis Master Certified Technician
    US Navy submarine vet; Operation Iraqi Freedom vet..x 2...USAF Reserve...RETIRED, 26 total years

Current 2003 Azure Blue Mach 1. All My Past Mustangs:'84 GT-5 spd, my first; '91 GT-auto; '70 M-code Mach 1-grabber yellow; '95 GTS-5 spd, Pro-Charged, totaled; '95 GTS 5 spd, replacement; '89 LX 5.0 'vert-5 spd; '90 LX 5.0 hatch-5 spd; '69 M-code Mach 1-4 spd; '90 5.0 LX 'vert; '03 Mach 1-5 spd, '93 Mustang LX vert.

Comment

That’s a good company, my painter was very impressed with the stencil I got from them for the hood stripes on my Mach 1.
      '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '18 Edge SEL AWD

”Mercy for the guilty is cruelty to the innocent.” ~ Adam Smith

Comment

Craig, I'm not doing a hood bird, my car didn't come with one. That would be intimidating! Mine are small, the largest go on the doors. I've done the signs on my trucks for several years, so I don't think this will be any harder, hope not anyway!

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

That is good to hear I am thinking of using them for the GT side stripes for my 69 Coupe.
          Mike & Robin Grentus
          69 Mustang Coupe (project & future toy)
          08 Escape 4X4 (spare)
          00 Ranger Extd Cab 4X4 (my DD)
          99 Explorer Sport (wife's DD)
          14 Kawasaki Vulcan (wife's toy)
          M&M Member #- 890
          MCA #- 4549
          My 69 Coupe build album
          http://www.newyorkmustangs.com/forum...cs-t15096.html

Comment

Put the graphics on yesterday. Really a quality product, went smooth with no problems. Filled a spray bottle with water and about 3 drops of Dawn dishwashing liquid to give a little flexibility in moving the decals before they stuck permanently. Measured the doors and centered the emblems front to back, decided on 2 1/2" below the trim on the door break. Used the masking tape to help locate the long decals on the doors and to keep them from sliding down until they dried fully. The smaller decals I just eyeballed them. I think they really set the car off better than the light colored ones that were on it before. Took about an hour to put all them on, I let them sit for two hours before I removed the outer paper so I wouldn't dislodge any of the small lettering.

firebird naked.jpg firebird complete 1.jpg firebird complete 2.jpg firbird formula bumper.jpg

Comment

Some more pics. Don't know why some look a different shade of yellow, lighting I guess. The car is all the same color.

firebird sail panel.jpg firebird hood.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by ford84stepside View Post
                Craig, I'm not doing a hood bird, my car didn't come with one. That would be intimidating! Mine are small, the largest go on the doors. I've done the signs on my trucks for several years, so I don't think this will be any harder, hope not anyway!
                Ahh, I got cha. I replaced the hood stripe on my Mach 1 last year....and even that one took me two tries. Thank god the stripe was only $40....lol!

M&M Member #91
                US Navy submarine vet; Operation Iraqi Freedom vet..x 2...USAF Reserve...RETIRED, 26 total years

Current 2003 Azure Blue Mach 1. All My Past Mustangs:'84 GT-5 spd, my first; '91 GT-auto; '70 M-code Mach 1-grabber yellow; '95 GTS-5 spd, Pro-Charged, totaled; '95 GTS 5 spd, replacement; '89 LX 5.0 'vert-5 spd; '90 LX 5.0 hatch-5 spd; '69 M-code Mach 1-4 spd; '90 5.0 LX 'vert; '03 Mach 1-5 spd, '93 Mustang LX vert.

Comment

Put the graphics on yesterday. Really a quality product, went smooth with no problems. Filled a spray bottle with water and about 3 drops of Dawn dishwashing liquid to give a little flexibility in moving the decals before they stuck permanently. Measured the doors and centered the emblems front to back, decided on 2 1/2" below the trim on the door break. Used the masking tape to help locate the long decals on the doors and to keep them from sliding down until they dried fully. The smaller decals I just eyeballed them. I think they really set the car off better than the light colored ones that were on it before. Took about an hour to put all them on, I let them sit for two hours before I removed the outer paper so I wouldn't dislodge any of the small lettering.

firebird naked.jpg firebird complete 1.jpg firebird complete 2.jpg firbird formula bumper.jpg
                  That’s a great looking car!! I’ve always liked that body style!! I LIKE!!
                  M&M Member #91

Comment

Thanks Craig! I like it too, but it's about like that Fox Mustang 'vert we had, it has some of the most uncomfortable seats I've ever ridden in! I bought a couple of kitchen chair cushions last night to see if that helps, the seat bottoms have absolutely no support, it kills my hips. My two Vettes were much more comfortable. I would just go with some aftermarket seats, but the whole interior is in such great condition I don't really want to change it's originality. And the drivers seat is stuck all the way back [manual seat], and I can't get to the rear nuts to take it out and unstick it.

The whole graphics kit cost me $169, shipping and all. It was well worth it, all 3M vinyl, no imported junk, and it's GM licensed replacement. Phoenix Graphics definitely have a quality product!

Got my eye on a 37-38 Chevy two door sedan street rod, if the guy still has it in a couple of weeks I'm going to check it out and make a trade offer on it. He's a small retired dealer that deals in older cars like that. May not even like it after a close look, I've just seen it from the road. It's close to what the wife wants, so if she likes it and a deal can be struck, we might end up with it.

Comment

Thanks Craig! I like it too.

Got my eye on a 37-38 Chevy two door sedan street rod, if the guy still has it in a couple of weeks I'm going to check it out and make a trade offer on it.
                      No offense....but at OUR age, the easier to maintain stuff is the way to go!!

I don’t know how old you are, but I’m assuming you’re pretty close to my age (54) or better.
                      If I had a sweet 5.7 liter firebird like that, id hang on to it....or.....if I got the itch, sell it outright for something that was a little easier to maintain.
                      That’s exactly what I just did with the purchase of my 2008 GT500.

Don’t take my advice to heart....just saying what I would do.

M&M Member #91

Comment

Will be 62 next Sunday.

The Firebird is nice, no doubt, but both of us have problems getting in and out of it anymore, just too low to the ground. I'd like to move into a 60's or 70's mid sized car like a Fairlane or Torino or Chevelle, but prices on those have skyrocketed the last few years. So have street rods, but some older builds are showing up now and again and are going relatively cheap. I don't want anything much pre war, about 1938 or newer, Ford or GM. We're both drawn to stuff like that older than we are, lol, she loves the two door sedans, but she also likes the early 70's Cutlass also, since she her folks had one.

I'd take an 05-08 GT, but she doesn't want one. Guess I'll just be happy with my old Lincoln, if I ever get it back together. The Firebird is hers anyway, she can do what she wants with it, I just get to keep it up and drive it some!

Comment

Looks great, nice car!
                          '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '18 Edge SEL AWD

”Mercy for the guilty is cruelty to the innocent.” ~ Adam Smith

Comment

Working...
                          X