Brought to you by:

Twenty Years!
The best source of parts, bar none!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

another Valve body question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPDATE::

I just barely got my rebuild kit for my C4 and it came with a kit to convert my valve body to the full manual by the means of a plate and a drill bit to punch out holes in the walls on the valve body. Is this okay or is a new valve body worth it still?
    thanks,
    wes

Comment

What brand is your kit?
      Ben
      '93 & '97 champion of Central Indiana Dirt Racing Asc.
      C.I.D.R.A.

Comment

Broader kit maybe ????

Comment

Originally Posted by mike70351w
          I'm no way near being a trans expert CISCO but if what you're saying is true it would make the reverse shift option not an attractive HI PO modification.

I'd be interested in knowing who or if anyone is known to have broke their tranny operating in that manner.

You tranny experts please confirm this.
          F100cleveland

I'd really like someone to chime in on this too. Makes me wonder

03-10-2008 01:17 AM

Anyone paying attention to this Thread still?

Cobrajeff
          Great info guy, I drive my car like a lil ole sissy compared to your 7500G shift around the track. Great to know the lil ole C4 could take that kinda beaten. How long does your engine last with that kinda driving?

So! No real compliants yet to bad mouth the reverse valve body in my opinion!
          70 Fastback, 408W, Pro Topline heads, 750 Demon, RPM intake, 13/4 hedders into 2 1/2 pipes, C4 tranny with 3200 Stall Convertor, 3.89 DL, best 1/4 time to date is 11.70 at 114MPH.

Comment

Originally posted by gregaust View Post
            Broader kit maybe ????
            Yes I bought the broader kit. A trans-brake valve body came across my mind to, that would eliminate my question. If I dont go with a t-brake though, will a aftermarket V-body still perform better than my drilled out stock v-body?

Comment

The Boader kit has been getting good reviews from people that have used it. It seens to be simple to install and works well.

A transbrake "may" be just a bit quicker on the track if you get good traction. A good suspension and good converter is key.

My Fairmont runs .04 quicker in 60' on the transbrake.
              Ben
              '93 & '97 champion of Central Indiana Dirt Racing Asc.
              C.I.D.R.A.

Comment

Hmm, maybe i'll just drill my v-body and install the broader kit besides the transbrake for this season and see. I really apprciate all of your help guys. I learn alot here! :beer: happy st pattys day tomorrow

Comment

BOSS 351 @ 7500 rpm

Mike -

I got 100,000 miles on my original Boss 351 engine. I first had it in the 1971 BOSS 351 my Dad bought new. I bought the car from him in '72. I converted it from a 4-speed to a C6 with a Trans-Go kit. Then I swapped that engine into my '68 Shelby GT500 convertible. Then I bought a '72 Pantera and swapped it in there (@ 60,000 miles). I only shifted the Pantera at 7,500 a couple times, 'cause I didn't want to break that ZF.

I had the engine rebuilt before I put it in my Cobra kit car, and, since I planned to do open track events, I elected to swap the heavier, power-robbing (albiet bullet-proof) C6 for a C4. The reverse-pattern C4 and no engine braking were a problem for me. Only got a few 7,500 rpm shifts, 'cause the tranny kept breaking. The engine now has 7,000+ miles on it, but haven't been shifting at high rpm lately, as I installed an MSD and haven't been able to get the tach to work. Hopefully, one of the adapters I've bought will wake it back up.

I've slowed down a little bit, after spinning off course at MIS a few years back - that was close enough for me....too much time & money invested in this thing to keep hammering it.

Jeff

Comment

Working...
                  X