Brought to you by:

Twenty Years!
The best source of parts, bar none!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It runs! ;)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice install Fastymz .ETs will be dropping
    One thing is the placement of the fuel filter.It should be before the pump to keep dirt and junk getting into the pump.
    Also you might want to run a return line back to the tank ,that will help with adjusting and keeping your fuel pressure steady instead of deadheading it.I also have been looking into running nos and the nos companies that I spoke with like a return line for the fuel when running nos .They say it helps keep air bubbles getting into the line which is no good and could spell disaster and you dont want any fluctuation of the fuel pressure.
    Just looking out for a fellow Stanger
    Last edited by carnut331; 03-08-2008, 09:28 AM. Reason: added some more info
    66 mustang coupe. 331 windsor,jr 12:1 solid flat tappet,vic jr,pro-systems 750dp,c4 w/brake,
    8"conv,4:11 spool 9"rear...best time so far 10.85 @ 121.84 on M/T drag radials 255/60/15

Comment

I do plan on adding a filter before the pump.

Edelbrock calls for 6-7 psi at the solenoid, the I only had to reset the regulator twice once after initial start up and once after the first few times I tested the system. Since then I have ran the car twice to test a few other things and the pressure seems to be holding between 6.5-7 psi so far that is
      M&M #1240
      Apr 2001
      Ron

Comment

Fastymz - I am getting ready to install my electric fuel pump and sumped tank. Thanks for posting those pics. It really helps out for my install.

Question for you...where are you powering your pump from? And are you using a toggle switch to turn it on/off?
        - Somsak
        1970 Mach 1, newly built 351C non-stock! No track time yet, but soon!

"When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years." Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by tiggobitties View Post
          Fastymz - I am getting ready to install my electric fuel pump and sumped tank. Thanks for posting those pics. It really helps out for my install.

Question for you...where are you powering your pump from? And are you using a toggle switch to turn it on/off?
          I used a painless wiring 30amp relay kit powered from a switch on the dash. I ran the switch activation wire from a keyed source so the pump will not come unless the key is turned on.
          M&M #1240
          Apr 2001
          Ron

Comment

Originally posted by Vinyl66 View Post
            Is the Holley loud?
            WHAT DID YOU SAY! CAN YOU SPEAK A LITTLE LOUDER WITH YOUR QUESTION?
            Ron

Comment

Looks great...

Good looking install. I have been contemplating the giggle gas for a while for the ranchero. I wouldn't be able to wait to get that bottle filled, for "testing" purposes only of course.

Comment

Originally posted by 70rancheroGT View Post
                Good looking install. I have been contemplating the giggle gas for a while for the ranchero. I wouldn't be able to wait to get that bottle filled, for "testing" purposes only of course.
                Trust me if it wasn't lack of funds $$$ that bottle would have been be filled a long time ago! I can't wait to do some "TESTING" with the bottle.
                M&M #1240
                Apr 2001
                Ron

Comment

Took the car out for much longer ride today. I can really feel a difference with the sub frame connectors installed. The ride is more solid and the front end comes up even higher now.
                  Besides some more tunning work to get done yet. I'm real happy with all the upgrades.
                  The top end seems a little stronger with the addition of the electric fuel pump but that might just be wishful thinking.
                  M&M #1240
                  Apr 2001
                  Ron

Comment

Working...
                  X