Brought to you by:

Twenty Years!
The best source of parts, bar none!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

brake light switch 65 falcon (help)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brake light switch 65 falcon (help)

Ok this is driving me nuts. I am in the middle of replacing my brake light switch on my falcon and it is a real PITA to get the bolt out from the switch. It appears that it is an unthreaded bolt. I pulled the cotter pin out and then a plastic washer and now the only thing left is the bolt that goes through. The bolt head is facing towards the clutch. I thought that it should be facing towards the gas pedal? Maybe the PO put it on the wrong way? Because there is no way in hell I can fit in that tight little gap between the pedals.

Does anyone have any tips/info on how to get this pesky bolt out? I need to have my brake lights, Have allready been given 1 warning. Sorry for the dumb question. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Should'nt have to remove,slide pin slightly to the left switch is slotted,inboard side,it should come off.
    Attached Files
    Phil
    Friends are like wedgies..They know your inner self..They're intimately close..And it feels great when you pick out a good one.

Comment

if its stock it should slide off the pin, the pushrod, washers and the switch. the clutch pedal may make it more difficult..
      1999 GT~ procharged 511rwhp
      1965 2+2~ 289 for now... 363 Bennett engine ready to go in.

Comment

Ok I got it off with a screwdriver, It was stuck. Now trying to put the new one on is a PITA. There is no room between the clutch and brake. I'm trying to hold the new switch in posistion and then put the cotter pin back in. i'm also 235 pounds and can barely fit into the posistion I need to be in. Will try again. Thanks for the diagram.

Comment

Working...
        X