Brought to you by:

Twenty Years!
The best source of parts, bar none!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

alignment specs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alignment specs

Im looking for alignment specs. I plan to take the mustang to have the front end all setup after I get my go fast parts put together from Alex. Allthough I would love to have it setup for just drag racing, real world will limit me at this time to a mostly street and track once in a while deal. I am going to be running mostly stock front end parts with a set of roller perches and adjustable front strut rods. No shelby drop either.

Since Im going to pay the money for a good shop to set me up I want to be able to choose my specs. I would like a setup for a street/strip car anybody have these just sitting around on top of thier pc somewhere?

Thanks
    Brian

BCP Custom on Facebook

Daily driver my standard
    Caster +1.5
    Camber 0/.5
    Total toe .6
    Cross caster should be.5 more negitive(forward) than left to compensate for road crown to the right.
    When you go racing the front end will lift and cause negitive caster,you'll have to adjust more positive for this.
    I would do a 4-wheel alignment to see if the rear axle is inline also.

A good page for understanding alignments.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tirete...e.jsp?techid=4
    Last edited by OLE_FORD_TECH; 03-16-2008, 09:50 AM. Reason: typo
    Phil
    Friends are like wedgies..They know your inner self..They're intimately close..And it feels great when you pick out a good one.

Comment

Perfect timing! I'm redoing my front end too. Does these spec applies to all our early fords?
      70 Fastback, 408W, Pro Topline heads, 750 Demon, RPM intake, 13/4 hedders into 2 1/2 pipes, C4 tranny with 3200 Stall Convertor, 3.89 DL, best 1/4 time to date is 11.70 at 114MPH.

Comment

Originally posted by mike70351w View Post
        Perfect timing! I'm redoing my front end too. Does these spec applies to all our early fords?
        Year 1970

Caster 0 +or-1
        Camber +1 range +.25/+1.75
        Total toe .6
        Phil
        Friends are like wedgies..They know your inner self..They're intimately close..And it feels great when you pick out a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by OLE_FORD_TECH View Post
          Daily driver my standard
          Caster +1.5
          Camber 0/.5
          Total toe .6
          Cross caster should be.5 more negitive(forward) than left to compensate for road crown to the right.
          When you go racing the front end will lift and cause negitive caster,you'll have to adjust more positive for this.
          I would do a 4-wheel alignment to see if the rear axle is inline also.

A good page for understanding alignments.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tirete...e.jsp?techid=4
          this good for a weekend car to the strip right?

What are stock fords specs?
          Brian

BCP Custom on Facebook

Comment

Thanks Ole Tech for info and Trash for posting topic.

I have'nt had the 70 aligned since replacing ball joint and lower arm in 1992 when gas was a few pennies cheaper.
            70 Fastback, 408W, Pro Topline heads, 750 Demon, RPM intake, 13/4 hedders into 2 1/2 pipes, C4 tranny with 3200 Stall Convertor, 3.89 DL, best 1/4 time to date is 11.70 at 114MPH.

Comment

figured id throw this thread in there from Alex

http://www.gearheadtalk.com/forums/s...ight=alignment
              Brian

BCP Custom on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by trashline View Post
                this good for a weekend car to the strip right?

What are stock fords specs?
                Stock
                Caster .0 +or-1
                Camber .5 +or-1
                Total toe .6
                Phil

Comment

Working...
                X