Brought to you by:

Twenty Years!
The best source of parts, bar none!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

351 rebuild/replace in a 68 coupe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 351 rebuild/replace in a 68 coupe?

Hi guys,

About a year I bought a 351C and a 351W, both with automatic transmissions attached. All this for $400. The plan is to take out the straight six that is currently in my 68 coupe and replace it with one of these. I'm on a budget but I would like to get it running and into the car by the end of summer. I'm not looking to race it but I definitely want it to haul ass on the highway. My question to you guys is:

1) Which engine would provide me with the best performance/price ratio.

2) What am I getting myself into?

I assume your planning to drop the motors in as is?...If so for me it would depend on what year the cleveland is?..There were some very strong clevelands and some low compression 2V motors that were pathetic..If your keeping the motors pretty much stock the cleveland heads are capable of more power than the stock windsors...If you plan on possibly replacing the heads the windsor becomes more attractive in my opinion.
    http://mustangsandmore.com/memberpages2/frdnut.html
    68 J-Code Sprint,408W 11.59@120.95

Comment

Working...
    X